IBM – Sacramento, CA
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Cloud Application Innovation group is searching for a Release Manager, responsible for the following:
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations.
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews.
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans.
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required.
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities.
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges.
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms.
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks.
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employees strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
- />Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-4 years of previous release management experience
- 4-6 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development.
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office expert level knowledge of Excel, working Knowledge of Access.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Bachelors degree or equivalent qualifying experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.