Reporting & Analytics Architectalytics Architects Architect
Business Unit/Function Business Performance, IS/IT
Location Hoffman Estates, IL Band TBC
Reports to (Title & band) Manager, Enterprise Architecture
Line Manager +1 (Title & band) Director, IT Innovation
Direct Reports Developers / Technical Analysts
The Reporting & Analytics Architect combines many different skills and experiences to address and solve business, information, and technology related opportunities, and problems.
The Architecture developed by the Reporting & Analytics Architect is the glue that integrates the project and program strategies across multiple reporting programs and projects, and ensures alignment with business strategies and drivers, and management priorities. This glue is a series of explicit graphical models that, at a minimum, are human consumable and define and describe:
- The Goals the Enterprise is trying to achieve
- The Processes needed to be performed to meet these Goals
- The Things (Technology, Data, and Data Structures) needed to perform these Processes
The Reporting & Analytics Architect sets the direction and establishes the approach for integrating information applications and programs, providing what is required for business users to make informed decisions.
This role will provide specialist architectural ownership, governance control and solution management across all reporting & analytics initiatives.
Finally, the Reporting & Analytics Architect catalogs, develops, coordinates, communicates, maintains, and enforces the overall Reporting Data Structure and Architecture Models, Representations, Initiatives, Capabilities, and Standard Components used by the Enterprise.
The Reporting & Analytics Architect is responsible for the development or coordination of the following deliverables:
- Developing the Reporting & Analytics Architecture across all applications in the Enterprise
- Define and develop a data lake to cover structured and unstructured data
- Assisting in aligning reporting initiatives with the Enterprise Architecture
- Auditing compliance to the Reporting & Analytics architecture standards
- Serving as advisor to senior business management on business and information integration strategies
- Leading the team of developers / analysts / engineers in the development activities for new reporting projects
Strategy Development Competencies
- Design and develop architecture framework in line with Tate & Lyle ISIT operating principles of business led solutions, delivered with agility, and in an end-to-end delivery model
- Translating or mapping business strategy into information strategy with a focus on Reporting & Analytics
- Understanding technology product and vendor strategies, products, and customer preferences
- Understanding, modelling, and representing the organizations informed decision making requirements in a human consumable manner, as it relates to IT strategy
- Able to articulate a road map from current reporting & analytics footprint to a futuristic model with clear trigger points identified
- Able to integrate security design and roadmap into the architecture design
- A good understanding of legal, tax and regulatory rules
- Communicating with business and technology leaders, both within and outside the organization
- Understanding the business needs for solutions
- Being viewed as the trusted advisor to the organization
- Understanding developers / engineers needs in parallel with business needs
- Lead product and technology validation process
- Abilities to derive, define, and explicitly represent various artefacts within The Enterprise Framework
- Understanding the meanings and relationships between various models
- Developing and maintaining project level and Enterprise level model consistency and integration
- Understanding of appropriate technologies
- Developing methods and techniques for modelling technologies
- SAP BW, HANA, Business Objects Suite (AFO, Webi, Lumira), SAP Analytics Cloud, Tableau, MS-Power BI, Data Services, BPC, embedded analytics, etc.
- Successful delivery of assigned projects in reporting space. Success is defined as:
- Full scope, On time, On budget, On quality, 100% customer satisfaction
- As a people manager, on-time recruiting of new team members / open positions (100 days or less) and the professional development of team members
Skills and experience required
- Minimum of 7 years of Analysis Experience, and 3 years as a Solution Architect.
- Broad background in reporting & analytics technologies (SAP BW, HANA, Business Objects Suite, SAP Analytics Cloud, Tableau, MS-Power BI, Data Services, BPC, embedded analytics, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge in at least one are of the business (example: engineering, manufacturing, planning, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Group session facilitation
- Team leadership and experience leading without authority / influencing stakeholders
- Demonstrated skills, and experience building models using The Enterprise Framework.
- A Masters Degree in a related field is desirable
- Partnership- We work together as one global team to deliver for our customers.
- Agility-We have the courage to act quickly and allow others to experiment and learn.
- Execution-We deliver long term results, balancing todays needs with tomorrows possibilities.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY
- Comply with all environmental standards, procedures and work instructions at all times
- Report any environmental violations or near misses in order to prevent any impact upon the local environment, its inhabitants and Tate & Lyle
- Adhere to the safety policies, procedures and site rules
- Fully participate in the safety programme, including reporting any incidents (or near misses) and participating in audits
- Demonstrate understanding of the STOP Work Authority and be able to apply in any unsafe situation
- Working knowledge and application of Tate and Lyle Life Saving Principles in day to day job
- Participate in at least one emergency drill
- Complete all required EHS facility trainings