Research Coordinator II
Cleveland Clinic – Cleveland, OH
Coordinates the compliant implementation and conduct of human subject research projects typically of medium workload and medium complexity.
- Coordinates the implementation and conduct of research projects ensuring adherence to research protocol requirements which may include: maintenance of regulatory documents and binders, data management, IRB submissions and communication of such to the research team.
- May be responsible for reporting/completion of Serious Adverse Events and/or safety log as defined per protocol as they occur and completion of Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and sponsor forms in accordance with GCP timelines.
- Communicates with sponsors, monitors, research personnel to ensure all aspects of study compliance.
- May serve as a liaison between investigators, research personnel, outside study personnel and central research administration offices to assist in protocol interpretation, enrollment and safety questions.
- Collaborates with study team to schedule pre-site selection visits, site initiation visits, webinars, monitoring and close-out visits.
- Collaborates with primary investigator, sponsor and research staff to plan, conduct and evaluate project protocols, including research subject recruitment.
- Monitors and reports project status.
- Completes regulatory documents, data capture and monitoring plans.
- Completes protocol related activities.
- Monitors research data to maintain quality.
- Understands basic concepts of study design.
- Demonstrates comprehension of assigned research protocols.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of research protocol to coordinate the comprehensive and compliant execution of assigned protocols.
- Assists with preparation for audits and response to audits.
- May assist in the development and maintenance of research tools, such as spreadsheets, questionnaires and/or brochures.
- Maintains study personnel certification records (License, CV, CITI).Maintains professional relationships, including frequent and open effective communication with internal and external constituents.
- Documents the education and training of research personnel as needed.
- Conducts and documents of the informed consent process.
- May assist PI with research study design and development of the research protocol.
- May contribute to research project budget development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED. Associate s or Bachelor s degree in health care or science related field preferred.
- Bachelor s degree in healthcare or science field may offset two years of clinical research experience requirement.
- Demonstrated proficiency with a variety of computer-based skills, especially in the use of word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software, and the ability to undertake internet searches.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Within 90 days of hire, must successfully complete certification in Human Subjects Research as required by the Responsible Conduct of Research guidelines adopted by Cleveland Clinic.
- Continually demonstrates competency with defined requirements for the position as established by Cleveland Clinic.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires independent thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum three years clinical research experience required. Bachelor s degree in healthcare or science field may offset two years of clinical research experience requirement.
- A high degree of dexterity to produce materials on a computer.
- Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Extensive sitting and frequent walking, occasional lifting or carrying up to 25 pounds.
- May have some exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids.
- May require working irregular hours.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinics Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities