Requisition ID: 59940
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Contributes to the overall success of the Howard Weil Equity Research Department in Houston ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the teams business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Individuals in this role are learning and developing the techniques and skills necessary for investment analysis and research of securities. The Analyst works closely with the Directors to develop financial forecasts and provide recommendations on particular oilfield service stocks under coverage. Analysts typically gain an in-depth understanding of the financial and operational issues within a particular sector, gaining valuable skills, knowledge, and relationships.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Create and maintain financial models and industry/macro databases.
- Conduct in-depth industry analysis and research.
- Follow market new and evaluate market data to assess short and long-term trends.
- Assist in writing research publications, notes, and morning comments.
- Generate tables and graphs interpreting company and industry data.
- Prepare marketing presentations for analyst meetings with internal and external clients.
- Communicate and handle enquiries from institutional investors on the analysts behalf.
- Interact with sales, trading and other areas of the firm within regulatory guidelines and under the analysts supervision.
- Understand how the Banks risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabanks Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Experience & Education:
- A university degree is required, with a preference for business, engineering, geology or geophysics
- Strong accounting, financial modeling, and analytical skills are required.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Suite, with a particular emphasis on Excel is required.
- Work experience in a financial, engineering, analytical capacity in the oil & gas sector is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Capital Markets and oil & gas sector knowledge/experience would be assets.
- Experience using Bloomberg and FactSet would be an asset.
- An MBA or CPA designation or enrollment in/completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program is an asset.
- Good business judgement and decision-making skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines, sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several on-going projects at the same time.
- Strong attention to detail is a must.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and hardworking.
- Must receive all necessary FINRA licenses (Series 7/SIE, 63, 86, and 87) within a timely manner.
Location(s): United States : Texas : Houston
As Canadas International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.