Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator and research fellows, the sleep research technician will assist with several investigations of the contribution of abnormal sleep to cognitive deficits and symptoms in schizophrenia, epilepsy and autism spectrum disorder. The techniques employed include sleep electroencephalography (EEG), magnetoencephalography (MEG), event-related potentials (ERPs) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Training in data acquisition and processing will be provided.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The sleep research technician will be required to run overnight and nap studies in the laboratory or home to acquire EEG, ERP, and MEG data. The sleep technician will be responsible for entering these experimental data into computerized databases.
- The sleep technician will also be responsible for sleep scoring, artifact rejection, and other data processing, along with maintaining accurate records and overseeing data integrity.
- Additional responsibilities include assisting in general laboratory management and other duties as assigned.
- Technical aptitude and comfort with troubleshooting.
- Excellent knowledge of computerized data processing (word processing, spreadsheets, and databases).
- Strong interpersonal skills required for interaction with subjects and laboratory members.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, juggle and prioritize multiple tasks, feel comfortable working with clinical and non-clinical study populations, work as part of a team and seek assistance when appropriate.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Prior experience in sleep research and/or EEG methods is preferred.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX operating systems, Matlab, and some programming experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of basic psychology, cognitive neuroscience, or neurobiology is preferred.
EEO Statement Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Primary Location: MA-Charlestown-13th Street - MGH Work Locations: 13th Street - MGH 149 13th Street Charlestown 02129 Job: Technician/Technologist/Scientist Organization: Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH) Schedule: Full-time Standard Hours: 40 Shift: Day Job Employee Status: Regular Recruiting Department: MGH Psychiatry Job Posting: Aug 22, 2019