UDR, Inc. and its affiliated companies are seeking a Resident Services Manager to join our team at Lenox Farms, our apartment community located in Braintree, MA.
UDR, Inc. and its affiliated companies are one of the nation s largest owners and managers of residential apartment communities with a mission of offering remarkable apartment homes in the most desirable locations throughout the United States.
Being an industry leader makes us the employer of choice for career minded individuals. Come join the team!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for the response to resident service issues as well as tracking and following up on service and move in satisfaction with documentation for the Service Team reporting. Provide management and coordination of all community events. Responsible for the development and implementation of the marketing and public relations plans and budget. Maintenance and enhancement of the community(s) website. Manages guest suites and provide oversight for the community reputation/image. Must be in a large community or multiple communities with a minimum of two direct reports working on the property.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Community Director, Senior Community Director, General Manager or Regional Manager
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Concierges, Leasing Consultants, Move-In Specialists, Resident Service Coordinator, Resident Service Administrator, Service Administrator or Service Technicians as needed.
- Manage and develop the community(s) events and marketing expenses and use sound financial measures to ensure that the budgets and financial goals are met.
- Provide assistance to Regional Manager, General Manager, and/or Community Directors in reviewing and making Kronos timekeeping records of the associates at their community.
- Respond to resident complaints and track them to resolution.
- Assist the office team on how they can resolve some resident concerns and complaints.
- Analyze relevant data to determine and document common customer service issues.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve the quality of service.
- Interact with walk-in prospects by showing the property and answering questions about the community, lease terms, and local area as needed.
- Planning, implementation, oversight, and follow-up for all Community events.
- Manage and maintain an exemplary community website and social media campaign in order to promote the community (s) and its events.
- Broaden social networking to benefit rebranding and improve the community image.
- Write, submit, and follow-up to ensure placement of press releases and articles to established contacts with local and regional media.
- Cultivate and expand sponsorship development and fulfillment.
- Create and produce various reports and analyses to communicate key issues, trends, activities, and results of marketing initiatives and make recommendations to management for improvements.
- Manage the arrangements and leasing documentation for the guest suites.
- Oversee the Customer Survey Program by insuring that that there is immediate follow up to residents upon the completion of each service request via an e-mail or text notification which includes the ability to request a follow up phone conversation. This will include making follow-up phone calls to residents to gather more information on the quality and satisfaction of service requests.
- Oversee or assist to make sure any remaining issues are escalated to the Service Management to be addressed immediately. If additional service is required, continue to follow up until the issue is resolved.
- Provide reports to the Service Management to summarize resident feedback by the service team member(s) that provided the service.
- Ensure that each new resident is contacted to ensure their move-in satisfaction with their apartment homes condition.
- Emphasize providing excellent customer relationship management.
- Hire and train new staff and develop staff to maximize potential.
- Supervise direct reporting staff in accordance to overall company policy.
- Monitor staff performance including performance reviews and address performance problems through corrective action and dismissal.
- Approve time records and requests for time off.
- Assist direct reporting staff to address and resolve concerns or complaints involving job duties and job descriptions, performance standards, relations with coworkers, relations with supervisors and managers.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Requirements PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Knowledge and understanding of business concepts and research principles, processes, and techniques. Knowledge of the principles of strategic business decision-making. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday Company issues.
Demonstrated understanding of overall property management. Knowledge of principles and methods for promoting property. Strong personnel management skills. Ability to develop and prepare business analysis and plans. Established ability in the use of social media websites like facebook, twitter, and pinterest. Demonstrated ability in budgeting and financial planning.
Highly organized and demonstrated project management skills. Ability to exercise initiative, problem solving and decision making skills. Demonstrated understanding of social media campaigns. Ability to provide web-based analytics and recommendations. Ability to work a flexible schedule based on event calendar. Some weekend and evening work will be required.
Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job. Ability to apply the principles and practices of work leadership and management. Ability to motivate the community team and manage their performance in accordance with company policies, values, and business practices.
Proven exceptional communication skills both written and verbal with an outgoing personality. Performs duties that require considerable initiative, independent judgment, and strong communication skills. Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with community and rental property operations. Ability to work in conjunction with residents, prospective residents, Company managers, and associates. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from subordinates residents, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Polished interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
Knowledge of computer systems and applications. Must have experience with computer skills including Excel, word processing programs, internet, and e-mail at a highly proficient level. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of the internet and internet searches. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires mobility sufficient to travel. Some bending, stooping and stretching. Occasionally lifting items weighing up to 30 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the community and amenities. Periodic exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous. Time commitment and schedule may vary based on the event schedule. Some weekend and evening work will be required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, related field, or its equivalent, preferred. In lieu of degree, equivalent experience in residential properties, marketing and website development, or related business operations is required.
- Minimum of two to five years experience in special events, marketing, and website management.
- Minimum of three years successful event, sponsorship, marketing, public relations, website, and business development/relationship programs experience required.
- Minimum of two years management or supervisory experience is required.
- Experience in hotel properties, rental operations, or related upscale service business is preferred.
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers license unless otherwise noted.