- 2 years Sales Operations / Professional Services Operations experience (3 years of relevant AWS experience may be considered as an equivalent)
- BA/BS required
- 5+ years overall business experience;
- Ability to manage, educate, develop and consult with internal clients
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Problem solver
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, influence and conflict management skills
- Ability to interact positively with employees at all levels of the organization
- A strong and collaborative team player
At AWS Professional Services, we are building a professional services team to work on enterprise customer engagements across the Americas, and to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity supporting these customers. To help grow and scale this business, we are looking for a Business Operations (BizOps) Resource Manager, with strong operational, organizational, collaboration, and communication skills.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the operations of a business. Helping ensure that the business can optimize its impact on behalf of customers because it is so operationally sound.
The Resource Manager will support our Americas Practice by matching the right talent with the right project at the right time. They will help us maximize our available capacity while avoiding employee burnout. They will work closely with practice managers, helping them assess staffing needs based on each projects requirements, and let them know who on the team is available to work.
Preferred location: Seattle, WA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with Senior Practice Managers as part of a 2 person team to allocate ProServe staff, contractors, and partners to ProServe projects;
- Working with engagement and practice managers to review and design work packages and resourcing plans to deliver against project deliverables while leveraging the best available staffing from internal regional resources, center of excellence staff, and third party contractors and partners;
- Advertising open project assignments, and promoting the availability of consultants globally to encourage sharing of resources across regions to increase utilization;
- Maintaining up-to-date profiles of skills, knowledge, and competencies for practice resources;
- Managing the availability of resources by maintaining up-to-date assignment information;
- Conducting regular reviews with GSP teams (project managers, team leads, and regional heads of services) to plan consultant assignments, review bookings, work through conflicts, and identify opportunities for consultants;
- Proactively spot forecasted bench time for consultants and work with regional and sales teams to identify new opportunities
- Prepare regular Supply/Demand analysis for Senior PMs;
- 2+ years experience managing resource utilization and pipelines
- Experience with SalesForce or other enterprise CRM application;
- Experience with Professional Services Automation tools like FinanciaForce/OpenAir/Changepoint a plus.
- Tableau and/or Excel financial modeling skills and ability to create and present insightful analyses;
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age