Curry Up Now started in 2009 with a single food truck roaming the streets of Burlingame. With great success and an amazing team behind us, weve since expanded to three food trucks, six brick & mortar restaurants and two craft cocktail bars and have started franchising across the US.
Even though we have great plans to continually expand in the future, were still a small company and will always be a small company at heart. This means our employees aren t a faceless number to us. We cherish each and every employee as they really are the only reason we keep doing what we re doing.
As the Palo Alto General Manager and Trainer, your primary leadership goal will be to live and teach the mission and vision of the company, setting a solid and positive example for the management team. Along with operating your own location, you will partner with other Managers in training to ensure the overall financial health, and consistent execution of brand standards for your restaurants while developing a bench of well-trained talent for each level within your organization.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following:
- Travel will be required for new store openings and training
- 5 Years minimum verifiable experience in managing a restaurant as the General Manager with sale of over 3 Million Dollars
- Consistently role model a guest attitude and exhibit the companys culture, mission and values through everyday activities and behaviors. Coach, teach and demonstrate sound guest service principles to all store team members, including direct guest contact to resolve issues
- Update, Develop & implement SOPs, Training Manuals & Policies & Procedures to support operational and business objectives. Uses proven training metrics to build better training programs, completes training needs/ gap analysis. Design relevant content to inspire, educate, and engage employees. Execute CUN University and e-learning platform.
- Oversees, maintains, and updates effective training programs for all levels of operations
- Ensure that our Manager-in training program measures individual achievement of learning objectives, validates skill/knowledge development, and assesses cultural fit
- Accountability for and analysis of P&L results based on company goals, including achieving EBITDA targets with focus on food & labor costs (Prime Cost)
- Monitor key store performance indicators to identify opportunities for improvement. Review store environments and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement; work in collaboration with Store Management Teams, CEO & Senior VP Of Operations to plan and implement the applicable operational tactics to increase sales and enhance cost control. Clearly communicate opportunities for improvement to store management
- Ensure store management team s understanding of company policies, guidelines and procedures
- Regularly utilize management information tools and analyze financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in store performance
- Troubleshoots problems; promptly answers questions from stores in response to employee assistance, guest feedback and complaints
- Monitor/manage restaurant staffing levels. Participate in the staffing process for store management positions (recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training); constantly monitor and manage store-wide management staffing levels and assist in recruiting and hiring for store hourly positions as needed
- Responsible for setting up New Store Openings for success
- Prepare, communicate and educate Management Teams and applicable employees on changes of policies, practices or standards within the organization
- Responsible for promoting clean and safe working environments including strict adherence to all safety and health department standards
- Create excellent in-store food execution with consistency and recipe adherence as well as food safety adherence
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an \at will\ employment relationship.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the restaurant which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by a manager or Head of Department/Division. The employee will actively follow CUN policies including Equal Opportunities policies and will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.
Compensation package to include a base between $65000-70000 + Bonus to be discussed.