Aunt Butchie\'s of Brooklyn – Staten Island, NY
Aunt Butchie s is looking for an energetic and capable candidate with open-availability to join our FOH team as a Register/Bakery Counter Person. We are a family-owned Italian restaurant in Staten Island and specialize in home-style Italian fare and are known for our delicious desserts! Register and bakery staff work closely with each other and require seamless communication between the two departments.
What You Bring:
- A passion for working with people and providing excellent customer service.
- Consistent attendance, punctuality, and a team-player.
- Strong ability to multitask and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Friendly and attentive service attitude that makes our guests feel well taken care of.
Responsibilities of Register:
- Adhere to opening and closing procedures and verify cash bank by counting the drawer at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Take and pack all to-go orders.
- Collect cash or charge payments from all customers.
- Assembling catering orders and ensuring all orders are sent out on time.
Responsibilities of Bakery
- Ensure all bread/pastry deliveries are accurate and signed for.
- Weighing cookies and assembling cookie trays. (A plus if you can tie a bakery box!)
- Restocking/rotating stock in the bakery cases and making sure there is enough of everything on hand.
- Occasionally taking custom cake/dessert orders for parties and caterings.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week:
- Less than 10
Overtime often available:
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good first job for someone who is just entering or re-entering the workforce with limited experience or education
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED