Position: Retention Associate (permanent, full-time)
Location and Hours: Bronx office, Monday - Friday 9am-5pm (subject to change)
Reports To: Director of Employment and Graduate Services
HOPE has a 30+ year track record of transforming lives of New Yorkers through training, jobs and career advancement. We offer five training opportunities preparing New Yorkers for diverse careers as well as sector-based training in food industry and in green construction and maintenance. Our student-centered approach, employer-driven training, wide range of support services, and commitment to lifelong support yield strong results, notably a job placement rate of 75% and retention rates of 90% at 90 days and 75% at one-year.
Dynamic, energetic, and organized workforce development professional. Demonstrated ability to succeed in performance-driven environment. Experience working with economically disadvantaged adults with multiple barriers to employment. Strong organizational, data analysis and database skills. Creative thinking, outreach and marketing skills. Outgoing personality and team player. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Degree in rehabilitation counseling, mental health counseling or social work preferred.
- Serve as an integral part of the employment team by leading HOPEs job retention initiative. Work to achieve or exceed HOPEs retention goals.
- Maintain a consistent, persistent outreach process to ensure all completers are being followed up with and progressing toward retention of 30, 60, 90 days, 1 year and beyond. Cultivate positive, ongoing relationships with graduates while engaging in scheduled daily and weekly outreach to assess job satisfaction, performance and sustainability of the job. Provide consistent coaching to graduates and partner with HOPE staff to make referrals for other support services as needed.
- Engage graduates who lose their jobs and assess job loss reasoning for possible re-engagement.
- Collect required documentation and provide graduates with retention incentives, according to schedule. Enter all required data into Salesforce database and document activities via case notes in a timely manner.
- Work closely with HOPEs Government Grants Administrator to ensure necessary employment verification documentation is collected from graduates to satisfy funder requirements.
- Immediately communicate with employment team on potential retention risks with graduates.
- Coordinate activities designed to help graduates retain jobs and develop new skills to advance in their careers.
- Outreach to and engage graduates for participation in evening events covering topics such as retention strategies, conflict management, dealing with difficult employees/employers, employee rights, and financial planning.
- Manage outreach efforts for annual events such as HOPE Awards ceremony and Holiday Dinner.
- Work in collaboration with the entire Employment and Graduate Services Team to develop and implement processes to aid in the achievement of students advancement goals.
- Work collaboratively with HOPEs Employment Specialists and Business Development Manager to re-engage graduates in job search to attain jobs.
- Participate in Client Meeting case conferences with other employment and program staff to:
- Obtain employment, raises, promotions, benefits, education, and other retention/advancement data.
- Verify and update demographic and other relevant profile data.
- Coordinate graduates connection with Employment Specialists for job search, case management assistance, or counseling assistance.
- Facilitate informational sessions in classes to inform students of retention services and to discuss and mitigate retention risks before they gain employment.
- Perform screenings and other mental health modalities with graduates as needed according to Connections to Care grant.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary/Benefits: Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. HOPE provides a full package of benefits including: healthcare and dental insurance; retirement plan; competitive vacation (plus 1/2 day Fridays during summer, which is equal to 7.5 additional vacation days); personal and bonus days; and 12 paid holidays.
Interested Candidates: Email cover letter, indicating where you saw listing, resume and brief writing sample. Resumes unaccompanied by a cover letter will not be reviewed. No telephone calls, please.
The HOPE Program is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time