- Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
The Culinary and Nutrition Services Department is committed to provide excellent services to our visitors and staff. In addition, the department provides full-service catering and meal service to all patients! As a Room Service Associate, you will work with the team to assemble meal trays for patients, ensuring accuracy of specialized diets, and delivering the meals to our patients.
This is a full-time, varied shift position with weekend and holiday availability required.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life - About Banner - University Medical Center South
Banner - University Medical Center South is a comprehensive medical center that includes an Emergency department, a state-designated trauma center and a Behavioral Health Pavilion. We are an Arizona Department of Health Services-accredited Cardiac Receiving Center and a Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders-designated senior-friendly hospital. The hospital is staffed by physicians who are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson and is managed by Banner Health under an operating agreement with Pima County. Our specialty services include inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, treatment and education for diabetes, innovative geriatrics care and comprehensive orthopedics. For more information about Tucson, please visit: VisitTucson.org
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee. -
This position provides patients with menu and/or patient meal service, receives and forwards patient requests and communication to Dietetic Technicians and Dietitians when appropriate. Provides patient meal assembly according to correct quantities. This position strives to provide patient satisfaction regarding food and nutrition services.
- Visits patients to obtain or discuss menu selections based upon dietary orders. Enters or records all daily patient meal selections and preferences for one or more patient units.
- Demonstrates appropriate judgment with modified diets, food and menu knowledge when relating to patients. Requests Diet Tech or Dietitian assistance when needed. Edits patient menus as required.
- Provides patient meal service which may include setting up tray work stations, preparing/portioning assigned foods according to correct quantities, and/or assembling patient trays.
- Delivers and serves meals while making independent judgments about special requests, snacks and nourishments.
- Provides excellent customer service on the phone or in person and resolves customer complaints effectively and efficiently.
- Maintains food handling and sanitation standards to meet licensing agency requirements.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Requires reading, writing and mathematical skills.
Skills and knowledge of nutrition services as typically gained through 1 - 2 years of related experience.
The work requires the ability to follow instructions and safety guidelines for working with cleaning chemicals, as well as the ability to learn and work with business computer software and point of sale systems. Requires the ability to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Must have demonstrated effective customer service skills.
Understanding of nutrition services, common modified diets, and portion measures. Additional skills and knowledge in health care nutrition services preferred. Bilingual skills preferred in some assignments.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.