Herr Foods Inc. is a privately owned salty snack food manufacturer and distributor based in Nottingham, PA and we think our ****93+ employees are pretty spectacular! We are committed to making our Herrs family business an enjoyable and profitable place to work.
Herr Foods Inc. offers extensive full-time benefits including medical, dental, & vision plans; MetLife voluntary & supplemental benefits; ****93k & Profit-Sharing accounts for retirement; as well as competitive pay with room to progress within the company.
Safely drives step-van delivery truck (may be manual) over any assigned route to sell, deliver, and merchandise products, as well as provide excellent customer service to a variety of grocery, mass merchandise, and independent chain stores.
The workweek will usually consist of 5 days, ****93+ hours, and is typically a split-week schedule of Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Some routes may be a Monday-Friday schedule, depending on branch location and route. In addition, the workweek may be extended to ****93+ hours when new RSP limited experience and/or business needs exceed normal demands, especially around holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sell, deliver, stock and merchandise Herr s brand snack foods to grocery retail and independent chain stores.
- Progressively increase current customer sales volume. This includes and is not limited to:
- Building relationships with key decision makers
- Providing excellent customer service
- Inquiring about customer needs
- Communicating product knowledge and suggestive selling
- Increase customer base by soliciting new accounts
- Execute company sponsored promotional programs by acquiring temporary and incremental product displays, shelving, and permanent merchandising fixtures.
- Rotate and provide credit to accounts for stale or damaged items in order to provide the freshest product.
- Process orders by entering product codes into hand-held computers.
- Collect cash from customers and accurately process associated invoices and paperwork.
- Manage daily accuracy of product inventory.
- Conduct daily pre-trip vehicle safety inspection. This includes and is not limited to headlights, brake lights, turn signals, and fluids, including proper engine oil levels.
- Maintain a clean and organized truck. Sweep and wipe to clean truck interior; wash windows and mirrors; and dispose of trash boxes daily.
- Attends and participates in all safety meetings and is committed to working safely including use of seat belt while in company vehicle.
- Must be at least ****93 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver s license in the current state of residence.
- Must possess and excellent driving record.
- No more than 2 moving violations within the past 3 years
- No DUIs within the past 3 years
- Must possess a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must pass a job-related assessment with a score of ****93% or better.
- All Herr Foods Inc. job offers are contingent upon successfully passing a drug test. Herr Foods also has a Random Drug Testing program for all active employees.
- Able to read, write, understand and speak English.
- Possess a stable work history with good references.
- Display evidence of sound judgment and have the ability to adapt quickly to different work and driving conditions.
- Possess strong communication, persuasion, and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage priorities effectively.
- All Herr Foods Inc. job offers are contingent upon successfully passing a drug test.
- Herr Foods also has a Random Drug Testing program for all active employees.
- Constantly reaching; frequently sitting, standing, walking, bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing, driving and lifting up to ****93 pounds
- Occasionally lifting and carrying up to ****93 pounds and pushing or pulling up to ****93 pounds
Any questions about this position or any others, please contact the Human Resources department at ****93-****93 or [email protected]
Herr Foods Inc. is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer M/F/Veterans/Disabilities