Herr Foods Inc. is a privately owned salty snack food manufacturer and distributor based in Nottingham, PA and we think our 1500+ employees are pretty spectacular! We are committed to making our Herrs family business an enjoyable and profitable place to work.
Herr Foods Inc. offers extensive full-time benefits including medical, dental, & vision plans; MetLife voluntary & supplemental benefits; 401k & Profit-Sharing accounts for retirement; as well as competitive pay with room to progress within the company.
Safely drives step-van delivery truck (may be manual) over any assigned route to sell, deliver, and merchandise products, as well as provide excellent customer service to a variety of grocery, mass merchandise, and independent chain stores.
The workweek will usually consist of 5 days, 50+ hours, and is typically a split-week schedule of Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Some routes may be a Monday-Friday schedule, depending on branch location and route. In addition, the workweek may be extended to 60+ hours when new RSP limited experience and/or business needs exceed normal demands, especially around holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sell, deliver, stock and merchandise Herr s brand snack foods to grocery retail and independent chain stores.
- Progressively increase current customer sales volume. This includes and is not limited to:
- Building relationships with key decision makers
- Providing excellent customer service
- Inquiring about customer needs
- Communicating product knowledge and suggestive selling
- Increase customer base by soliciting new accounts
- Execute company sponsored promotional programs by acquiring temporary and incremental product displays, shelving, and permanent merchandising fixtures.
- Rotate and provide credit to accounts for stale or damaged items in order to provide the freshest product.
- Process orders by entering product codes into hand-held computers.
- Collect cash from customers and accurately process associated invoices and paperwork.
- Manage daily accuracy of product inventory.
- Conduct daily pre-trip vehicle safety inspection. This includes and is not limited to headlights, brake lights, turn signals, and fluids, including proper engine oil levels.
- Maintain a clean and organized truck. Sweep and wipe to clean truck interior; wash windows and mirrors; and dispose of trash boxes daily.
- Attends and participates in all safety meetings and is committed to working safely including use of seat belt while in company vehicle.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver s license in the current state of residence.
- Must possess and excellent driving record.
- No more than 2 moving violations within the past 3 years
- No DUIs within the past 3 years
- Must possess a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must pass a job-related assessment with a score of 70% or better.
- All Herr Foods Inc. job offers are contingent upon successfully passing a drug test. Herr Foods also has a Random Drug Testing program for all active employees.
- Able to read, write, understand and speak English.
- Possess a stable work history with good references.
- Display evidence of sound judgment and have the ability to adapt quickly to different work and driving conditions.
- Possess strong communication, persuasion, and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage priorities effectively.
- All Herr Foods Inc. job offers are contingent upon successfully passing a drug test.
- Herr Foods also has a Random Drug Testing program for all active employees.
- Constantly reaching; frequently sitting, standing, walking, bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing, driving and lifting up to 32 pounds
- Occasionally lifting and carrying up to 48 pounds and pushing or pulling up to 40 pounds
Any questions about this position or any others, please contact the Human Resources department at 610-932-6500 or [email protected]
Herr Foods Inc. is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer M/F/Veterans/Disabilities