PerkinElmer – Philadelphia, PA
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, organized and assertive Field Sales Specialist possessing the drive and desire to exceed goals in the territory. The position requires solid, working knowledge of current research techniques and a strong knowledge of the entire Next Generation Sequencing Workflow solution. This includes Automation, Extraction and Microfluidic solutions and data analysis.
TERRITORY: PA, OH, WV, KY, Upstate NY
- Meet or exceed territory sales targets for products and assigned business objectives
- Develop tactical sales plans to maximize revenues
- Conduct technical demonstrations of the products
- Effective use of seminars, tradeshows as lead generators and education opportunities
- Negotiate contracts, execute pricing strategy to maintain existing & develop new business
- Maintain a strong customer focus through consultative selling
- Enhance customer satisfaction by building trust and strong relationships
- Partner with industrial partners who integrate our technology with their own
- Daily use of CRM (salesforce.com) database to increase sales effectiveness and forecast accuracy
- Perform daily pre-call planning for increased sales effectiveness
- Recognize market trends and gain competitive intelligence within territory
- Responsible for selling products into academic research, pharmaceutical, biotech and clinical labs
- Work with application scientist team for customer support and product/applications knowledge.
- 3-5+ years of successful capital equipment sales experience in the Life Science market
- Knowledge of automation, extraction and microfluidic solutions as part NGS workflow
- Minimum B.S. in Life Sciences (biology, molecular biology preferred)
- Energetic, results-driven with excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to think strategically, articulate a shared vision and defend strategic insights.
- Strong business acumen, with exceptional negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly effective time management skills
- Strong customer service skills with a focus on solutions-oriented sales
- Proven ability to build a sales pipeline, manage sales process, and effectively close orders
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team
Approximately 60% travel