Overview The Salesforce Administrator is a key member of the IT team supporting various applications systems for which IT is accountable. Individuals in this position will be responsible for owning, developing, and executing on the day-to-day configuration, reporting, training, support, maintenance and enhancement of the CRM platform as well as other assigned key applications integrated with the CRM. The Salesforce Administrator will be the liaison between all business units across the organization. This role ensures efficient, effective utilization of key applications capturing user requirements and translating them into actionable specifications and solutions including design, schedule, and implementation tasks. The Salesforce Administrator employs agile development work methodology, along with a desire to deliver solid solutions in a timely manner.
As an innovative leader promoting oral and overall health, Delta Dental of Washington fosters a patient-focused culture that is grounded in our core values One Team, Pioneering, Integrity, Ownership and Invested.
Responsibilities Key Application Responsibilities:
- Salesforce Provide administrator and some development support
- Conga Provide contract template generation support
- Support CRM integrated applications based on business needs including work using Visualforce, Apex, external APIs, etc.
- SQL Run queries & stored procedures
Strategic Technical Duties:
- Ownership of all technical aspects of Salesforce.com, including data migrations, data quality, systems integrations, 3rd party applications, and AppExchange products
- Responsible for implementing customized solutions that support business requirements and drive key business decisions
- Seek out opportunities to utilize SFDC to improve processes and productivity, and make recommendations to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace
- Utilize a change management (release) process to develop and implement new applications and updates to existing applications
- Work with users to develop requirements for various initiatives, document those requirements, and build an implementation plan
- Act in a consultative capacity in the development of solution design with regards to supported applications
- Establish and implement best practices with regards to system maintenance and improvements, configuration development, testing, data integrity, backups, etc.
- Understand the technical specifications and requirements of assigned systems
- Provide enhancement oversight, maintain system vision and business plan in relation to corporate strategies
- Facilitate various work prioritization and user group meetings
Technical & Administration Duties
- Administration encompasses but is not limited to: on-going daily support, user management, configuration, customization, report and dashboard development, data management, support for custom integrations, business analysis, documentation and system administration to quickly fix production issues
- Act as the primary contact for system users. Facilitate/conduct meetings if needed.
- Understand and enforce best practices with regard to system maintenance and improvements, configuration development, testing, data integrity, backups etc.
- Implement enhancements and roll out new features. Execute solution activities such as estimating tasks, data mapping, object modelling, page layout design, rule logic definition, testing, building change sets and promoting to production from sandbox environments
- Manage mass imports and exports of data. Champion and help ensure data quality.
- Develop and publish reports and metrics on as needed basis
- Create training materials and user documentation, and maintain such documentation as business needs evolve. Train users on enhancements and new functionality
- Stay current with release documentation, research release updates, schedule, test and implement releases as needed
- Identify opportunities to streamline business processes to best leverage supported applications
- Participate in various work prioritization and user group meetings
- Perform the day to day administrative tasks of assigned systems
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience using Salesforce data tools (Data Loader, DemandTools, Eclipse Force.com IDE)
- Strong business analysis and functional experience with quantitative, analytical and organizational skills
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical team
- Professional experience in a sandbox test environment, including development/staging and production or similar deployment cycles
- Salesforce administration certification - Lightning experience preferred
- In-depth experience with Conga generating complex contract templates and other templates
- Experience with Salesforce automation and integration with other business applications
- Experience with Salesforce Visualforce, Apex, Triggers, API preferred
- Skilled analyst with strong working knowledge of multiple methods to gather and document requirements, specifications, and business solutions
- Excellent inter-personal, communication and presentation skills; with the ability to lead and facilitate meetings, to partner with business leaders and line staff, and to document information with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and be proactive
- Ability to think critically and provide alternate solutions to streamline processes.
- Customer-centric. Excellent team player - able to work with virtual and global cross functional teams
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and ability to make trade-offs
- Be able to work under pressure, multi-task, manage changing priorities and workload
- Ability to generate an attainable solution (proposal and plan) for the issue to meet or exceed the expectation of the user(s), department(s) and organization.
- Ability to understand both the functional and business side of issues and help in communicating both perspectives.
- Comfortable recommending alternative solutions to mitigate business issues and/or risks.
- Self-starter with a high degree of personal and professional accountability. Ability to independently manage time, prioritize work, and multi-task across several project assignments.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Certified SFDC Admin (ADM-201) and Advanced Administrator (ADM-211 or ADM-301)
- Salesforce Certified Administrator required, plus a minimum of 2-3 years of hands-on experience administering Salesforce
- BA/BS in Computer Science or similar technical degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator desirable
- BSA training desirable
- Dental benefits industry knowledge or experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with DDWA systems and Salesforce structure desirable
Delta Dental of Washington is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.