SAP Business Analytics Lead
Job Id : 14804
Jobtitle : SAP Business Analytics Lead
Location : Sugar Land, TX
Company Name : The Friedkin Group
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $51,000 - $90,000 PER YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2020-07-07
Required Skills : SAP (SDI, SDA,BODS, SLT, SAP DataServices, Dynamic Data Tiering, ILM, Data Hub, BW/4Hana, S/4 HANA Embedded Analytics)
Job Description:The SAP BI/BW Tech Lead oversees the execution of GST's SAP Data Warehouse and Analytics strategy including S/4 HANA Embedded Analytics. The tech lead is involved in all phases of the analytic projects, from requirements gathering, data architecture, integration guidance and developing support artifacts. This lead demonstrates senior-level leadership skills and experience in guiding the team to build a self-sustainable BI platform. The tech lead creates best practices, defines and governs BI/BW architecture standards, leads and supports development efforts, manages BI demand, coordinates resource capacity, prioritizes and leads the scoping effort. The person in this position mentors others in maintainable development practices and code reviews and ensures correct capitalization / expense activities of the project team and provides business insight across multiple domains. They demonstrate an ability to be a consultant minded technologist, drive change, manage complex, high-quantity and potentially contradictory information to effectively solve problems, apply knowledge of the business to advance organizational goals, and intuitively navigate complex policy, people and process-related organizational dynamics. Responsibilities:
- Accountable for major BI transformation from any db to BW/4HANA platform.
- Leads the architecture and detailed design and implements the deployment plan
- Expert knowledge in Data Architecture, Modeling, integration, governance and BI/Analytics capabilities with the BW/4HANA.
- Responsible for:
- Hands-on Native HANA data modeling, schema management, content import & export, data provisioning technology including SAP LT Replication Server, Data Services and Smart Data Integration (SDI).
- Hands-on SAP S/4 Embedded analytics specifically with Core Data Services (CDS) views development technique.
- Hands-on work with SAP BW powered by HANA and BW/4 HANA features, among others, standard and custom SAP BW Extractors, complex transformations, advanced DSOs, composite providers, exposing BW models as HANA views, mixed (hybrid) scenarios, HANA Analysis process in BW and LSA ++ best practice and performance optimization concepts.
- Performance tuning of BW/4 HANA, Native HANA models utilizing best practices
- Defines, validates and executes SAP BI/BW Strategy by leveraging SAP BW, BusinessObjects, Analytics Cloud and HANA capabilities.
- Provides leadership in solution architecture, provides ongoing implementation oversight and hands on support as needed for new development projects in support of our SAP BI/BW program.
- Coordinates and supports delivery of minor/monthly and major SAP BI/BW enhancement release cycles
- Facilitates release scoping, design, build, test, change control, documentation and deployment activities with internal SAP BI/BW project and operations teams, business stakeholders, shared services and compliance teams
- Manages business user communication regarding release scope and deployment timelines
- Ensures appropriate risk resolution and mitigation for SAP BI/BW platforms as issues are identified
- Ensures no disruption to business operations upon deployment of SAP BI/BW releases to production systems
- Must have deep technical expertise in multiple SAP BI suite of products, especially BW, BOBJ, SAC.
- Coaches and mentors both technical and business staff on information solutions
- Finds and implements strategic & innovative solutions.
- Actively researches and develops new knowledge and collaborates on solutions
- Deploys new approaches to domain optimizations and anticipates domain requirements and business needs
- Has leadership understanding and influence with business customers
- Develops, designs and implements integrated solutions to resolve highly complex technical and business issues
- Solicits ideas from others; recognizes contributions of others
- Identifies measures and milestones for recognizing and communicating success
- Excellent ability to multi-task assigned duties or projects
- Effectively communicates complex ideas in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing
- Highly organized; able to organize and assimilate large quantities of complex information
- Works under minimal supervision
Qualifications Education and Experience:
- Requires bachelors' degree from a four year college or university with 10 plus years of in depth hands on experience in SAP BI/BW platform; or possess an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience required with BW/4 HANA, Native HANA and S/4 HANA Security concepts including User Management, Roles, and Privileges.
- Experience with BW on HANA technical migration, BW/4 HANA conversion and XSA development skills is added advantage.
- Experience with at least 2 end to end implementation projects as SAP BI lead.
- Advanced knowledge of BI tools for data analytics, visualizations, reporting etc
- Advanced knowledge of Data Modeling. Ability to assimilate requirements into conceptual/logical data models across information management solutions (relational, Dimensional/Columnar, document)
- Advanced knowledge and extensive experience in Data integration (Point to Point, ETL etc)
- Strong knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of best practices and standards for BI development
- Full SAP BI lifecycle Experience (Data Modeling to Reporting)