SAP Performance Test Lead
Bmtech group – Newtown Square, PA
- Provide expertise with performance testing procedures, guidelines and industry best practices in SAP platform.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements, SLA, project objectives, and create performance documentation including test schedule, test plan, test execution strategies.
- Implement reliable and scalable performance test automation solutions.
- Collaborate with Application Development, Business, Database teams to set up and configure system and application level performance monitors and identify performance improvement areas, and promote resolution of issues as a result of the testing process.
- Create robust Performance Test scripts with SAP protocols using scripting techniques including data parameterization and correlation, data validation, error handling.
- Coordinate performance test execution test cycles with different teams and monitor the application components and create analysis reports based on performance test results.
- Capture baselines for multiple upgrades and test application in various environments.
- Create different types of performance tests including load, stress, volume, scalability, failover test.
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to other team members.
- Experience with HP Tool Suite LoadRunner, Performance Center, ALM, UFT.
- Create Vusers scripts with SAP WEB/SAP GUI protocol, Vusers groups, manual and goal oriented scenarios using LoadRunner and with the use of various performance monitors for load test analysis
- Strategize and lead Performance Engineering to improve the teams methodologies, analysis tools, and workloads and participate in major initiatives to identify bottlenecks, improve performance by examining both software and hardware from the front end to the back end across multiple layers of the system
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex technical situations, resolve issues, and work independently when necessary to complete assignments
- Design and implement testing processes and Software Quality Assurance (SQA) methodologies necessary to deliver scalable, maintainable, and performance-free system(s) in an on-time and cost-effective manner
- Reports significant performance issues and aids in driving solution-to-application development team
- Analyzing test results from a technical standpoint and the ability to isolate performance issues prior to escalating to the development team for resolution
- Analyzing Load Runner results to calculate the response time and transaction time per second to meet required SLA (Service Level Agreement).
- Responsible for running tests under reserved time slots on HP ALM targeting different scenarios with baseline, Load, Stress, Component and failover Tests
- Interact with other performance engineers in script/scenario design/-development.
- Provide analysis of performance testing results and provide insights into where optimization opportunities and application inefficiencies exist.
- Perform pro-active performance review of production systems and provide feedback and recommendations to application teams to improve stability and performance proactively.
- Must have SAP experience.
- 8+ years of experience which includes performance lead role, strong scripting techniques, exposure to different performance automation tools.
- Experience with a variety of VuGen protocols such as: Web HTTP/HTML, TrueClient, Web Services, Java, SAP Web, SAP GUI.
- Should have hands on experience in implementing LoadRunner, Developing Load Test Conditions and Test Scenarios.
- Exceptional technical expertise in architectural design, development and implementation with specialization in multiple technology disciplines, platforms and applications.
- Must have hands on experience on scripting using LR, tuning performance parameters on Various Databases and analyze DB report like SQL trace, Oracle / SQL/DB2 etc.
- Should have extensive experience with baseline, benchmark, load, stress, endurance, and capacity testing for performance
- Should have basic knowledge in handling performance attributes on MQ, Massage broker, IIB, Web sphere, Web logic, Mainframe, and load balancer.
- Experience with some of the following tools: Dynatrace, Wily Introscope, Splunk, AppWatch, J-Meter.
- Performance requirements gathering and Capacity Analysis experience.
- Experience creating performance test plans incorporating non-functional requirements and developing workload models.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.