University of Texas at Dallas – Richardson, TX
The Scholarship Coordinator is responsible for the awarding and disbursing of scholarships from UT Dallas departments and outside scholarship donors for selected students. Organization and attention to detail are vital to successful performance of this position.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelors degree required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- At least two years of work experience in a higher education environment.
- Previous experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide oversight to the third party scholarship program and provide assistance to The University Scholarship Committee; serve as a non-voting member on the UT Dallas Scholarship Committee.
- Manage processing of universitys general transfer scholarship program.
- Apply business processes pertaining to all scholarship programs.
- Advise students about current and future scholarship opportunities.
- Respond to student, staff and interdepartmental inquiries regarding financial aid matters.
- Provide departments with necessary reports and assist in the reconciliation process.
- Interpret and maintain knowledge of federal, state, and institutional financial aid guidelines to ensure compliance in scholarship awarding.
- Utilize and maintain quality controls to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Assist in developing policies and procedures.
- Assist in review and update of the online Scholarship Listing web page.
- Complete student/university data and reports for scholarship donors.
- Participate in Financial Aid events as assigned.
- Demonstrate integrity and ethical behavior in working with confidential information.
Physical Activities Working Conditions Additional Information
An equivalency of completed education and work experience may be accepted for this position.
Special Instructions Summary