Looking for a challenging and rewarding position that will advance science to address real world problems?
The ILSI Research Foundation seeks a Scientific Program Manager to join a team of scientific professionals working internationally to advance the organizations mission to bring scientists together to improve environmental sustainability and human health.
Reporting to the Deputy Executive Director, the Scientific Program Manager (SPM) contributes to the continued development and implementation of the ILSI Research Foundations applied research and capacity building programs related to advanced technologies, like biotechnology. The SPM works closely with the ILSI Research Foundations scientific staff and external partners to ensure that programs are science-based, have broad participation from multiple sectors, and are directed toward achievable and impactful outcomes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to the implementation of the ILSI Research Foundations scientific programs, with an emphasis on those related to biotechnology.
- Contributes to knowledge dissemination, outreach and capacity building programs internationally.
- Undertakes desk research, writes and edits scientific reports and manuscripts, prepares and delivers scientific presentations.
- Manages and supports the development of concept papers and project proposals.
- Contributes to the stewardship and management of programmatic grants, prepares and/or supports preparation of progress reports and analyses as required.
- Tracks program impact by ensuring effective monitoring and evaluation mechanisms are in place.
- Represents the ILSI Research Foundation with stakeholders, including both public and private entities, donor organizations, and other valued partners.
- Other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ph.D. in a scientific discipline relevant to agricultural biotechnology, such as microbiology, biochemistry, molecular biology, environmental biology, or other related areas.
- 5+ years of work experience after completion of Ph.D. in professional positions that are directly relevant to biotechnology and/or other advanced technologies used in food and agricultural systems.
- Proven experience in project management.
- Excellent English-language oral and written communication skills, including presentation experience to scientific and policy audiences, and publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Professional and diplomatic demeanor and conduct, and proven ability to work sensitively and effectively across cultures.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, and the ability to think and plan strategically,
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office applications.
Learn more about our organization: www.ILSIRF.org
Principals only please. Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be considered. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- project or program management: 5 years (Preferred)
- agricultural biotechnology related: 5 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)