Supporting all current programs, this analytical chemist will be a key member of Enantas medicinal chemistry team. They will perform program-critical analytical related functions, such as routine instrument maintenance (HPLC, Mass Spectrometer, CombiFlash, SFC, etc.), troubleshooting, and scheduling PM. The incumbent will also develop prep-HPLC methods for medicinal chemists to purify compounds and metabolites.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities::
- Perform routine instrument maintenance (HPLC, Mass Spectrometer, CombiFlash, SFC etc.), troubleshooting, as well as scheduling PM.
- Perform routine HPLC tests for helping medicinal chemists to check the purity/impurity and prepare CoTs of lead compounds and metabolites for outside tests.
- Develop analytical HPLC method with reversed column and different type of chiral columns and transfer the methods to prep-HPLC to help chemists in preparing high purity compounds.
- Help chemists to isolate and purify lead compound, metabolite and impurity for structure elucidation and other evaluations.
- Develop procedure to assess lead compound solubility under various conditions, such as in water, buffer or biological medias.
- Perform stability test under normal and forced conditions for early evaluation of lead compound stability.
- Coordinate various outside test services (such as residual solvent test, heavy metal test, elemental screen test (E-scan), etc.
- Review CRO companys analytical documents such as analytical method, CoA etc.
- Partner with analytical chemists in CMC group.
- Strong background in analytical chemistry.
- Strong hands-on experience in operating different HPLC systems such as Agilent, Gilson, Varian as well as Shimadzu.
- Good experience in HPLC method development for lead compound release test.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects.
- Experienced in performing solubility and stability analyses.
Education, prior work experience, and specialized skills and knowledge::
- MS degree in analytical chemistry is required. PhD would be a plus.
- 1-3 + years of analytical chemistry experience in the bio/pharmaceutical industry is required.
- Very familiar with other instrumentation, such as IR, MS, Karl Fischer, SFC.
How to Apply:
Please complete the application below and include the following attachments:
- Research Summary (if applicable)
Enanta Pharmaceuticals is using its robust, chemistry-driven approach and drug discovery capabilities to become a leader in the discovery and development of small molecule drugs for the treatment of viral infections and liver diseases. Enantas research and development efforts are currently focused on the following disease targets: respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)/ primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), and hepatitis B virus (HBV). Please visit www.enanta.com for more information.
Enantas research and development activities are currently funded by royalties from HCV products developed under its collaboration with AbbVie. Glecaprevir, a protease inhibitor discovered by Enanta, is now sold by AbbVie in numerous countries as part of its newest treatment for chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. This leading HCV regimen is sold under the tradenames MAVYRET (U.S.) and MAVIRET (ex-U.S.) (glecaprevir/pibrentasvir).
Enanta is located in Watertown, MA, just minutes from Harvard, MIT, and downtown Boston. We offer a competitive compensation program and a comprehensive employee benefits package. For more details, see our Careers page.
Enanta Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religious creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by law.