817 million. Thats how many lives our products touched in 2018. And while were proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more peoples lives?
Design, create, execute, and troubleshoot new procedures and assays. Identifies challenges and communicates risks to leadership in an expedient manner. May serve as technical lead for assay development and/or execution of clinical sample testing from concept to completion.
- Design, create, execute, and troubleshoot new procedures and assays
- Authoring and reviewing technical documents including but not limited to work instructions as well as the assay
- Plan & execute laboratory research and testing of patient specimens
- Perform maintenance and function tests of complex instruments
- Work directly with external vendors to resolve QC and equipment issues
- Ensure quality control testing is performed and is within acceptable limits
- Train and assist staff with technical and operational procedures
- Identify and troubleshoot problems that may adversely affect test performance/results
- Using critical thinking skills, analyze data for trends making recommendations to more senior scientific staff.
- Ensuring that Quality Events such as incidents and deviations are proper documented, and for supporting/owning the immediate remediation and preventative actions
- Ensuring change requests are properly initiated, completed, and approved prior to the use of the assay, system, instrument, software, etc. being changed
- Maintaining up-to-date training records and ensuring training is complete prior to performing specific job functions
- Following approved and effective procedures to perform specific job functions, and ensuring procedures accurately reflect activities being performed
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you bring to the role:
- Demonstrated understanding of, and ability to apply principles, concepts, practices and standards associated with analytical assay development/validation and/or sample testing in a laboratory setting
- PhD with minimum 0-2 years experience
- MS with minimum of 4 years directly relevant experience
- BS/ BA with scientific emphasis with minimum of 8, preferably 10 years of directly relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of techniques directly applicable to the research services provided by Genoptix (tissue culture, molecular and cellular biological techniques such as PCR, flow cytometry, IHC, etc.) is strongly preferred
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where youre given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where youre empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where youre surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the worlds toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
NAVIGATE BIOPHARMA SERVICES
Navigate BioPharma Svcs., Inc.
Research & Development