Take your career to the next stepas a Section Manager of the Patriot Missile.
The Section Manager will report to the Manufacturing Engineering (MfgE) Department Manager, part of the Mechanical Engineering Directorate (MED), and will closely partner with Operations for execution of all manufacturing operations related to Patriot Missile in Andover, MA. In this role, you will manage a section of ~20 MED engineers and assist in setting the correct priorities to balance to tactical day to day responsibilities against the strategic long term growth, tooling, innovation and continuous improvement of the manufacturability of the Patriot Missile. The position will be located in Andover, MA, and also includes some responsibility for manufacturing engineering oversight and support in Letterkenny Army Depot (LEAD).
Key responsibilities include the generation and maintenance of all manufacturing processes, manufacturing data packages (MDPs), tooling development, capital equipment project development and innovation. The position requires planning and scheduling strategic projects, driving producibility into product designs and managing tactical support to the production floor. There will be a strong emphasis on leading the engineering support team in troubleshooting manufacturing issues, driving continuous improvement projects and interfacing with the integrated product design teams. A record of accomplishment in product/process execution, manufacturing compliance, and successful management of cost, schedule and quality is required.Responsibilities include:
- Lead and set priorities for a manufacturing engineering team ~20 in support of Patriot Missile and hardware items
- Manage continuous improvement projects, develop and control schedules, budgets, risks, and opportunities
- Actively participate in OPS daily briefings, Tier I, II, III tag outs, IPT /CPT leadership and customer briefings.
- Lead capital planning, proposal inputs, development of nonrecurring engineering plans, producibility analysis, program planning, capability and capacity analysis
- Responsible for employee development, mentoring, training, performance reviews, audits, salary and compensation planning, manpower planning, ranking and staffing
- Responsible as a focal point for interaction with program teams, design community and supplier obsolescence and new program innovation
- Responsible for support of IPT program reviews, briefings, program gate reviews and all aspects of financial management
- Recruit and hire qualified NCH and professional engineers to support program growth and manage attrition
- Minimum of 10 years experience in manufacturing engineering and support of manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated ability in developing and maintaining manufacturing processes and manufacturing data package and positively influencing producibility/ manufacturability for DOD hardware design
- Experience leading technical professionals in a manufacturing environment
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Required Education (including Major):
- Detailed working knowledge of VM, VBS, PRISM and PDM
- Creating detailed RCCA Technical Analysis
- Strong technical background in castings, machining, GD&T, harnesses, CCAs, cabling, hardware, and torque to understand the complex components and assemblies required to successfully assembly and build Patriot Missile
- Attained Six Sigma Expert or Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Demonstrated record of developing engineering talent and managing the human resources performance development process
- Experience with Raytheon financial processes
- Raytheon Earned Value Management System (EVMS) certification
BS in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.Whats YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. Were inspired by a noble mission thats shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer:
Whether youre just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of Americas Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.Stay Connected:
Dont miss out on whats happening at Raytheon.
Follow @Raytheon on Twitter Follow Raytheon on YouTube Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place
Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth.
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.