Security Dispatch Assistant (Part-time)
ZooTampa at Lowry Park – Tampa, FL
Security Dispatch Assistant Position Information: Part-time, Hourly Position SummaryUnder the direction of the Security Manager, this position serves as the primary civilian contact person for all Zoo staff in the case of emergency and non-emergency situations. Essential Functions (including but not limited to):
- Answer multiple line phone and zoo radios and direct to appropriate staff or department.
- Monitor zoo security cameras and notify security or Zoo staff as necessary.
- Prioritize incoming radio calls and notify appropriate staff or security.
- Enter call data into a CAD program and other digital files.
- Search various programs for files, lost and found items, and other information, compile and save digital or scanned reports, reads and sends emails and other notifications.
- Monitors the proper handling of lost and found items within the Zoo, including making arrangements to return property to owner when appropriate.
- Provide the security management with administrative task support as assigned.
- Recommends changes to enhance efficiency as well as to improve the quality of security service provided for the Zoo.
- Monitors, maintains, and directs responds to various alarms systems throughout the Zoo including fire alarms, burglar alarms, and CO2 alarms.
- Represents ZooTampa at Lowry Park with a professional, friendly demeanor towards guests and staff.
- Support management and administration of the in-park radio system.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A high school or equivalency diploma required. Some college coursework preferred.
- Must be able to communicate well with staff, supervisor and the public and present a positive attitude even in difficult situations.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are key standards of performance required for this position.
- Deal courteously and tactfully with employees, peers, superiors, and the general public.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills with high accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to complete projects in a reasonable time frame, to the satisfaction of management.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to remain calm and focused during emergencies.
- Calm and unflappable demeanor even under stressful conditions.
- Must be detail oriented and possess good record keeping methods, organizational, and documentation skills.
- Adheres to departmental standards in regard to confidentiality, HIPAA and other privacy issues.
- Conducts all activities in alignment with AZA standards and guidelines, all relevant laws and regulations, safety standards, and standards that ensure animal welfare.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions typical to west central Florida (i.e., heat, rain, or cold).
- Clear and understandable speaking voice and adequate visual acuity to monitor cameras and report on activity as needed.
- Ability to use radio, telephone, and computer to communicate and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be willing and able to work varied and long shifts including holidays, weekends and in support of events as needed.
- Must be able to plan for, work, and staff specials events and exhibits as well as be available for unexpected shifts.
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, bending, standing, reaching, and walking.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds without difficulty and stand for long periods of time.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs required with ability to adapt to other programs.
Equal Opportunity EmployerDrug-Free Workplace