Job Id : 4114
Jobtitle : Security Engineer
Location : Alpharetta,, GA
Company Name : Equifax
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $55,000 - $95,000 YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-08-16
Required Skills : Strong Scripting Or Programming Skills
Benefits : No benefits are available
Desired Competencies / Skills
- Experience with design and engineering of systems and/or security controls.
- Experience conducting penetration tests / red team exercises.
- Experience participating in / leading compliance assessments and audits.
- Extensive experience in information security domains extending beyond endpoint security.
- Current CISSP or other industry-standard information security certification.
- Experience with version-control tools such as git and configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Experience with data center hardware installation and maintenance.
- Experience in software deployments and system administration (windows and/or *nix)
- Experience managing a helpdesk or internal-facing customer support function.
7-10 years of work experience in IT and Information Security combined
- At least 5 years leading or performing in production operations
- At least 4 years working in a security-focused role
- At least 3 years focusing on network management / network security / endpoint security
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- We will consider applicants with other degrees if there is compelling work experience
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work with internal partners from Security, IT, and Data Protection teams to inventory current operational security controls.
- You will build out an internal service catalogue of these controls, understanding key attributes for each, such as customer, SLA, downstream impacts, etc.
- Work with control operators to identify RACI and resource requirements for operating each control, and where applicable, transition resources and responsibility for operating the control to self.
- You will work with security engineers and control operators and bring in core endpoint-centric body of knowledge, and solution-specific knowledge as needed in order to support the mission.
- You will help develop a multi-functional knowledge management program so as to train new hires effectively on Equifax environments and tools, ensuring broad diffusion of knowledge among the team. Develop strong, auditable processes and artifacts to ensure seamless continuity of operations.
- Deliver 24 x 7 x 365 global operational capability, ensuring tool stack availability, coverage, and proper functioning.
- You will work closely with colleagues in Identity and Access Management, Cyber, and Architecture / Engineering teams to deploy, configure, patch, operate, and decommission security hardware and software.
- You will focus on network and endpoint-based controls, such as firewalls, network and host-based IDS/IPS, DNS security, web proxies, anti-virus, email security, anti-malware, packet capture, flow analysis, forensic capture, configuration management, file integrity monitoring, authenticated vulnerability scanning, logging and SIEM, etc.
- Planning, engineering, and monitoring security arrangements for the protection of the network and end-point systems will be an integral function in this role.