Security Officer/Facilities Technician
NET Centers – Philadelphia, PA
Northeast Treatment Centers (NET) is seeking full time Security Officer/Facility Technicians to work within the NET Steps Drug & Alcohol program in Northeast Philadelphia.
The Security Officer/Facility Technician will be responsible for controlling the flow of clients in and out of the building and walking NET grounds to secure property. Will operate reception work station in SMART systems; assist staff with clients that have behavioral issues; transport clients to other facilities; transport staff using company vehicle to prison programs and assist staff as necessary while at the prison programs. Position requires first and second shift availability plus weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have Criminal and Child Abuse Clearances.
- Must have a very strong work ethic (adhere to confidentiality standards)
- Must be a team player
- Must have a current Drivers License.
- Must demonstrate genuine empathy and concern for individuals as indicated in our corporate vision, mission, and value statements.
- Adhere to applicable city, county, state, and federal laws and regulations, internal and CARF standards.
- Ability to accurately report aberrant patient behavior in a professional manner.
- Ability to communicate verbally in English, read written or typed information, communicate legibly in writing, speak English clearly, and hear voice in conversational tone.
- Must be able to utilize the SMART (NET Steps) clinical management system to log in daily patient visits, view and express patient messages on the SMART bulletin boards and to monitor waiting areas to insure smooth flow of patients preparing to engage in services.
- Computer skills preferred.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (and other duties as assigned)
- Responsible controlling flow of clients in and out of building.
- Operate reception work station in SMART
- Assist staff with clients that have behavioral problems.
- Transport clients to other facilities.
- Transport staff using company vehicle to prison programs and assist staff as necessary while at the prison programs
- Walk grounds and secure property
- Secure building
- Answer phone
- Maintain entries in daily Shift Log
- File and data entry
- Other duties as specified by supervisor or director
- One year proven experience in a Security Officer position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must speak, read and write in English.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.25 /hour
- security officer: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday