The Aleut Corporation – Baton Rouge, LA
This position assists the Assistant Controller, Controller and CFO in monthly closing activities, preparing monthly journal entries; preparing monthly cost analysis and preparing monthly financial statements. This position also assists with cash management of the company on a day-to-day basis.
BA/BS degree in Accounting. Minimum of seven to ten (7-10) years of experience in an accounting or finance position; CPA license desired.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Experience with U.S. Government contracting and construction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the FAR, DFAR, DCAA and accounting for Cost Reimbursable/Firm Fixed Price/Time & Materials contracts.
- Experience in financial management with increasing responsibilities for multi-faceted direction and planning.
- Preparing financial and/or auditor statements, schedules and reports.
- Valid state drivers license.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug screens.
- This position is not eligible for work sponsorship.
- Must be able to travel as required.
Experience with Sage Enterprise MAS 200 software desired.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in monthly and annual budgetary functions.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions/departments.
- Assist in the accounting department, budget preparation, and audit functions.
- Prepare financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, and reports for government regulatory agencies.
- Prepare and review reports, analyze projections of revenue and profit against actual figures, budgets and expenses against final totals and suggest methods of improving the planning process as needed.
- Create, maintain and generate reports required and provide information to Executive management.
- Prepare journal entries to reconcile general ledger and subsidiary accounts.
- Distribute monthly revenue and expenditure reports to department managers.
- Make wire transfers and journal funding transfers.
- Review and approve reimbursement billings and receivables.
- Prepare audit schedules for external auditors and act as a liaison between the company and auditors.
- Prepare annual and mid-year budgets.
- Provide training in the use of the companys computerized financial system and assist departmental personnel with budget questions, proper expenditure coding, document processing and other accounting related activities.
- Direct month/year end processes to meet corporate deadlines.
- Maintain and monitor bank accounts.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Advanced proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Ability to assist teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to interface successfully with a variety of people including management, general staff, clients.
- Excellent organizational skills are a must.
- Demonstrate ability and temperament to work with sensitive information.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills and proficiency in business vocabulary to effectively represent the company to outside parties.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and decision-making skills to respond to high-pressure situations.