The HR Generalist is responsible for day-to-day
administration of policies and programs typically
covering most of following: recruiting, compensation and
benefits, training, employee and labor relations,
safety, and personnel research.
- Oversee/coordinate resolution of employee
investigations, work performance, a positive
employee environment according to Company philosophy
& values, polices, & applicable laws & regulations.
- Responsible for internal/external recruitment to
include: staffing needs, recruitment ads,
application screening, interviews, selecting
qualified candidates, reference checks and/or
background checks, job offers, new hire orientation
and assisting the corporate team with recruitment
for supervisor and manager positions.
- Provides Affirmative Action administration support.
Responsible for logging internal
candidates/applications and managing ATS. In the
case of OFCCP Audits, gathers and assembles data for
all hourly positions, coordinates with internal and
external legal counsel, and provides research
- Administer all benefit programs (i.e. health,
dental, disability, FMLA, life, flex spending and
retirement plans, etc.).
- Support managers, supervisors/employees on policies,
procedures/practices pertaining to human resources &
benefits. Ensure maintenance of applicable plant
policies, procedures, documents related to Human
Resources (i.e. job descriptions, work rules, etc.)
- Support workers compensation and closely manage
claims involving restricted and lost time.
- Records new or revised pay rates in payroll register
. Enters new employee information in payroll.
Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure
accuracy of payroll.
- Compiles payroll data to include hours worked,
personal/sick time and vacation or PTO, tax
withholding, insurance, 401(k), and other employee
information. Generates reports as needed. Prepares,
transmits payroll to Workday, and issues and
distributes paychecks. Prepares periodic reports of
earning, taxes, and deductions.
- Coordinate employee functions & activities (i.e.
picnics, holiday parties, etc.) with assistance from
- Ensure Collective Bargaining Agreements are
followed. Provide grievance resolution support.
Maintain sound business relationships with union
stewards and business representatives. Serve as a
resource for contract interpretation. Process union
- Support internal/external audits.
- Assist in identifying and planning development
strategies for internal talent.
- Generate and lead change initiatives with a
positive, enthusiastic approach. Influence others to
adapt to change.
- Establishes proactive Employee Relations Programs
that promote the development of the workforce.
- Supports and implements training initiatives.
- Provides support and coaching to management teams in
all people planning related processes.
- Assist the Plant Manager as needed and perform all
other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to the Saputo code of ethics and actively
apply the Saputo values.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related
field or equivalent professional experience in HR.
- SHRM PHR certification preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS
- Demonstrates business maturity and integrity,
especially when dealing with highly confidential
- Ability to credibly influence others with his/her
point of view.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments
and management levels within the company.
- Ability to understand and add value to Saputos
- Ability to deliver and execute high-quality and
consistent Human Resources processes and services.
- Ability to align programs and services with
Companys overall vision.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Skill in organization, prioritization, and attention
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and
operational needs; ability to lead people through
- Ability to work flexible hours in support of a 24/7