Senior Analyst, US Anti-Corruption Compliance Group
Business Area: Risk & Regulatory AffairsJob Family: US Anti-Corruption Compliance GroupLocation: Arlington, VA
Job DescriptionDeloitte LLP fosters a culture that protects, preserves, and enhances our reputation. The Risk and Regulatory Affairs Office brings together five core programs, (Ethics & Compliance, Regulatory Affairs, Confidentiality & Privacy, Independence, and Strategic & Reputational Risk Management) enabling us to make an impact that matters to our people, our clients, and society. The objective of the Ethics and Compliance Program is to support Deloitte LLPs shared values and Global Principles of Business Conduct by centrally coordinating and enhancing ethics and compliance practices designed to prevent, detect, and address such issues.
The mission of our Anti-Corruption Compliance Group (ACCG) is to establish policies, processes, and controls to support the Deloitte U.S. firms compliance with applicable anti-corruption regulations, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). ACCG also has responsibility for compliance with U.S. economic sanctions. The scope of ACCG includes the U.S. and other jurisdictions, currently identified as U.S. India (USI), Deloitte Consulting India, Deloitte Consulting Germany and Deloitte Consulting Mexico.Work youll do
As a senior analyst with the Anti-Corruption Compliance Group, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting with certain aspects of anti-corruption due diligence, monitoring, reporting requirements and general project management
- Processing, analyzing and remediating adverse information on individuals and companies collected from due diligence databases, such as Lexis Nexis World Compliance and Factiva
- Performing internal and external research on individuals and companies to contextualize the adverse information identified and its potential risk to the U.S. Firms
- Reviewing third parties of the Deloitte U.S. Firms in the third party due diligence system, including addressing of alerts and action items and making recommendations of third party risk profiles
- Testing and providing feedback on new third-party monitoring system implementations, including suggesting process improvements and enhancements
Reports to Manager(s) and/or Senior Manager(s) in the Anti-Corruption Compliance Group.Responsibilities
- Gain comprehensive understanding of Deloitte LLPs Anti-Corruption policies and guidelines, and working knowledge and proficiency in various anti-corruption compliance processes and monitoring functions
- Assist management in identifying and mitigating compliance risks, enhancing and implementing compliance monitoring efforts and fostering a compliance culture; where appropriate, propose process improvements and enhancements
- Conduct basic and detailed research using Watchlist databases and online resources
- Draft and maintain desk procedures, process flow documentation for new/existing work streams, as needed
- Review deliverables to ensure quality and compliance of the team with firm best practices, including adherence to templates and guidelines
- Summarize findings and proposed next steps in a concise manner
- Oversee and provide feedback on work performed by a team of first line of defense reviewers on their third party due diligence reviews and support recommendations to management on the potential risk of Deloittes relationship with a third party
- Apply sound judgement and comply with firm policies on handling sensitive and confidential data
- Independently manage workload and priorities with limited oversight. Coordinate with other team members to complete tasks
- Proactively troubleshoot issues and exercise discretion when management support may be necessary to resolve an issue
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with team members in the US and India to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of processes
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills
- Proactive, innovative, committed and a strong team player
- Confidence and professional poise to work directly with Lead Client/Engagement Partners, client service teams, or other firm leaders
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills, and experience communicating to, and working with virtual teams
- Aptitude to work collaboratively with team members in virtual and cross border environment
The senior analyst will possess the ability to:
- Provide useful and effective training, feedback and guidance to junior staff
- Conduct background research on individuals and companies to identify adverse information
- Draft research summaries that will be shared with team leadership
- Learn and utilize technology (e.g. Deloitte Third Party Risk Management Gateway) to perform and document responsibilities
- Analyze problems critically and objectively and facilitate solutions with little assistance or oversight
- Manage ambiguity and adapt to expanding and varying technology solutions and processes
- Operate effectively in a remote team environment, contributing positively to team operations and working relationships
- Constructively solicit and be receptive to feedback from supervisors and colleagues and stretch oneself to learn new skills for overall development
- Handle a high-volume workload and work effectively on various tasks in parallel.
- Ability to develop and follow directions with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Work accurately and efficiently under pressure
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or related compliance field
- 3 to 5+ years of experience in the regulatory compliance industry, specializing in performing background research on individuals and companies, due diligence inquiries, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act compliance, Anti-Money Laundering compliance, risk assessments, investigations, or other forensic reviews is a plus
- Familiarity with research tools such as Lexis Nexis World Compliance, Thomas Reuters World Check, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance database, and Factiva
- Familiarity with the US financial regulatory environment, including anti-corruption regulations such as the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, US anti-money laundering regulations, and US economic sanctions regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with a global professional services firm is a plus
- Fluent Spanish speaker is a plus
How youll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe theres always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloittes impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area youre applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Deloitte - 30+ days ago - save job - original job