An exciting opportunity is available at CIC, a rapidly expanding company that supports startups and small businesses by providing space, services, and community. The Senior Analyst, FP&A will report to the FP&A Manager and will support executive management by driving many FP&A initiatives and providing insightful financial analysis. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical, Excel modeling, and communication skills, combined with the ability to think strategically. In addition, experience with consolidating complex international corporate structures, corporate shared services and transfer pricing, is preferred.
This is a highly visible role that offers significant growth potential and frequent interactions with the company President, Chief Financial Officer, Director of Global Finance, General Managers, Controller, and the broader Finance team. The finance team is relatively small, and will allow the opportunity for participation in project work as well as collaboration and cooperation among team members. The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented individual with three to five years of experience and the ability to work on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
ABOUT CIC: Founded in 1999, CICs mission is to improve the world by helping exceptional entrepreneurs innovate better and faster. We offer carefully curated working environments that combine private, secure offices alongside shared amenities in locations across Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence (2019), Rotterdam, St. Louis, and Warsaw and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. We currently serve 1800+ startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries. The spaces are purposefully designed and built for innovation, featuring tailored workspaces such as biotech and robotics laboratories, and bring together frequent, large gatherings of the best and brightest innovators and entrepreneurs.
CIC currently has over a million square feet of space under lease and is actively pursuing campuses in additional cities globally, including Dublin, Tokyo, Bilbao, and Sydney, with plans to grow to 50 cities over the next 10 years. We pride ourselves on displaying a high degree of care and accuracy in everything that we do, and we work to ensure that our clients thrive every day that they are in our space. We believe that our ability to support world-changing entrepreneurs is only as good as the people who make up our teams, and as such we are looking for people who are interested in contributing to-and improving-the way we work.
We invite you to explore all our openings and learn more about our teams here.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE: CIC seeks highly capable, self-directed individuals who employ a high level of autonomy in their work. If you are the kind of person who thinks creatively and critically about problems and enjoys a fast-paced environment, you would probably enjoy working here. The ideal candidate will:
- Possess strong accounting, finance, quantitative, and business writing skills
- Have a proven track record in a fast-paced, international multi-company, multi-currency environment with a high volume of intercompany transactions
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of the organization
- Be adaptable and work well under pressure
- Be able to identify and help drive opportunities that improve internal control, process and efficiency
- Be highly detail oriented and organized with solid time management skills
- Partner with stakeholders to facilitate and develop annual budgets, forecasts, and the strategic long-range plan
- Drive budget vs actual discussions with general managers and department heads
- Identify opportunities to drive continuous improvements in management reporting, forecasting processes and analytics
- Prepare actionable and insightful management reporting and analytics that drive increased profitability
- Prepare and distribute timely and accurate reporting to stakeholders
- Prepare reporting packages and relevant financial analysis for the Board of Directors and executive management
- Planning system administration such as inputting actuals, headcount reconciliation, and account & entity maintenance
- Ad hoc analysis and projects as required
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting MBA, CPA, CFA a plus
- 3-5 years of financial analysis in complex multi-company, multi-currency environment
- Willingness to dig into details and analyze variances and trends
- Prior experience consolidating financial results and working in a complex international environment
- History of strong analytical skills with superior attention to detail
- Excellent financial modeling skills and advanced Excel proficiency with a demonstrated ability to effectively analyze large, multi-company data sets
- Self-starter with demonstrated leadership skills and ability to meet goals and deadlines while working independently
- Strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact with and build productive working relationships at all levels
- Strong working knowledge of financial and forecasting systems
- Transfer pricing, corporate shared services and real estate experience preferred
- System implementation experience, a plus
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB: In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy and supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
- Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
- Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company.
- Discounted services and memberships on tools to make your life happier/healthier such as gym memberships, tech and design support, hotel stays, and other fantastic options.
- Regular massages, access to a nursing room, secure bicycle parking, a game room, a gym, shower rooms with towels, and stocked kitchens.
- Central location. CIC Cambridge is a stones throw from the Kendall Square MBTA Red Line stop. CIC Boston is centrally located in downtown Boston and is within walking distance to the Blue, Green, Orange, and Red line.
- Great benefits! See more below.
Starting compensation is commensurate with experience plus 100% of the cost of a premium healthcare and dental package, long and short-term disability, life insurance, and two weeks vacation from the start (more with seniority). Annual reviews with raises significantly above the national average every year for those on track with strong performance.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Any other human expressions and experiences not mentioned here are equally welcome. If you require an accommodation please let us know. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.