Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Place Insights (for analysts, based on the world s largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we re dedicated to our trailblazing missionenriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence.
About this Position:
As a member of Foursquare s Android engineering team, you ll be responsible for developing new features in our flagship apps Foursquare and Swarm, as well as the core infrastructure that powers both. We re a small team where everyone gets ownership of large feature areas and exposure to the full Android stack, from building fun interactive animations to improving the background location technology that powers both apps. We balance a fast-paced release cycle with a passion for quality and performance, and we work on cross-functional project teams with product managers, designers, iOS engineers, and server engineers. You ll collaborate closely with other Android engineers to build features and make our code base better while also being involved in planning new features. You ll leverage your extensive Android experience to play a role in product design and direction from our Chicago office.
- 3+ years of proven industry experience working on Android projects
- Deep experience working on a team of Android engineers building and maintaining large-scale apps, or impressive apps that you ve built personally
- Experience as a technical expert of the Android platform and competent with industry standard libraries
- Proficient in the following areas: Java language and related frameworks, multi-threading and memory management specific to mobile devices, and an understanding of caching mechanisms
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Comfort and delight in a small, fast-paced startup environment
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.