Senior Applications Engineer (Artificial Lift) Claremore, OK
General Electric – Claremore, OK
Role Summary: The Senior Applications Engineer reports to ALS Critical Well Business Leader with in the Artificial Lift Services product line. The Senior Applications Engineer on this role acts as a liaison between ALS technology, the region and customer in the critical well market segment validating equipment and system selection as well as defining functional design requirements (FDR) to be verified thru product development and system selection. Senior Applications Engineer is part of the team that validates the application and verifies that product matches requirements for the application and field operating procedures. Essential Responsibilities:
- Overall responsible to guarantee that Critical well process for subsea, offshore and high profile applications meets customer technical specifications, the application and operating procedures.
- Participates on the development of Master Document List for Critical Well Orders when applicable.
- Communicates and participates on meetings with Region and customer to assess on equipment selection as well as get deep understanding of the application and operational procedures to incorporate on NPD and any relevant process within ALS Product Line.
- Assess system selection to meet application and operating procedures. Participates on the development and approval of Basis of Design for complex offshore, subsea and high profile applications.
- Participates in HAZOP/HAZID meetings with region and customers on projects that application and/or system configuration is new, or when reliability have been questionable on previous similar applications.
- Evaluates results of HAZOP/HAZID process and implement results on validation at component and/or system level.
- Conduct Lessons learn of similar applications and assess the implementation on the development process and qualification.
- Participates developing Functional Design Requirements that shall include, as minimum, previous lessons learn, customer specification, analysis of the application (system selection), HAZOP/HAZID and operating procedures.
- Advise design chair on NPD design reviews about the efficacy of the qualification process at component and system level against the application and operating procedures.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Artificial Lift applications engineering and failure analysis
- Minimum of 5 years of experience on critical well applications
- Minimum 3 years of field service experience in subsea/offshore applications
- Demonstrated experience participating actively in the life cycle of offshore/subsea projects.
- Demonstrated experience working on a project management environment
- Strong influencing skills and is able to drive execution
- Expert in AutographPC or similar design software
- Experience with Prosper or similar software is a plus
- Understanding of operation in subsea environment
- Understanding of HAZOP/HAZID process and the ability to use results on equipment selection and designing monitoring and control system.
- Experience with completions and subsea equipment is a plus.
- Exceptional inter-personal skills, ability to partner effectively with others, including facing customer and 3rd party inspectors
- Strong influencing skills and is able to drive execution and change of the organization.
- Open mind, be able to see the big picture.
- Be comfortable managing Risk and act decisively
- Strong Ownership, Accountability, and Sense of Urgency
- Strong project management skills - Microsoft Project
- Demonstrated communication skill sets facing customer and region
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Locations: Claremore, Oklahoma Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Oklahoma; CLAREMORE
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.