The Senior Associate, Finance and Grants, works with a variety of teams including the Girls & Women and Global Health program teams, SEforAll, and the U.S. Climate Alliance work. This position is responsible for financial and contract management, grant tracking and reporting, and strategic analysis of projects and operations within his/her portfolio. The Senior Associate is part of the Finance team and reports directly to the Executive Director, Business Services, Budgets, and Reporting.
Financial & Operational Management:
- Work with assigned teams to manage budgets including activity- and results-based budgeting, strategic reviews, quarterly and annual business planning; prepare updates and revisions for program Vice Presidents as needed.
- Manage donor proposal and reporting processes.
- Work with teams to support new funding opportunities and help develop proposals, including liaising with the UN Foundation s Finance, Business Services, and Strategic Planning & Implementation departments to provide appropriate programmatic and financial information for proposals.
- Develop and implement new strategies to increase work-flow and operationalize business services.
- Develop high-level funding briefs and other project briefing documents for senior leadership as needed.
- Ensure correct allocations of revenues and expenses across donor budgets.
- Provide monitoring and evaluation support and tracking of programmatic and financial targets.
- Investigate and resolve issues associated with program and grant implementation.
- Develop full reporting knowledge of Salesforce and Financial Edge in to extract information and prepare reports and analyses.
- Provides support to the Finance Department with the annual financial audit and audit of U.S. government-funded programs in compliance with the Single Audit Act.
Grants, Contracts & Compliance:
- Draft contractual agreements from existing templates; this includes but is not limited to consultant contracts, letters of intent, and grant agreements.
- Liaise with donors, vendors, consultants and grantees to process agreements and reports in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain a grants reporting calendar and matrix for the team.
- Ensure adherence with and compliance to all UN Foundation policies and donor rules and regulations.
- Maintain appropriate file documentation for all work products for programmatic historical memory.
- Ensure timely and accurate responses to any audit requests.
- Serve as the program teams link to the UN Foundation s Finance and Business Services Department to ensure compliance with UN Foundation accounting standards, rules and regulations, and policies and procedures.
- Ensure excellent customer service by providing timely and accurate information to teams, UN Foundation, and external stakeholders as needed.
- Complete special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to provide high-level strategic analysis of projects and best practice recommendations to drive the program teams strategic goals and ensure financial sustainability.
- Bachelor s degree required, preferable in accounting/finance plus 5-6 years of experience; Master s degree a plus.
- Experience managing complex budgets and completing detailed financial reporting to donors.
- Excellent operations, project management, organizational, budgeting, and logistical abilities.
- Experience developing various agreement types (contracts, grants, contributions, MOUs).
- Experience working in a grants coordination or administrative capacity is an asset.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, work well under pressure and prioritize multiple, competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team and with other colleagues across teams in an efficient, coordinated and flexible manner.
- Ability to drive projects from inception to completion and work independently as needed.
- Continuous learning skills and the ability to synthesize information.
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficiency in Financial management software and Salesforce a plus
- Demonstrated interest in managing administrative tasks.
- Knowledge of the United Nations system and interest in International Development, International Affairs and/or the non-profit sector.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to maintain Confidentiality.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- A choice of two health plans through CareFirst (PPO or HDHP with HSA),
- dental insurance,
- vision discounts,
- flexible spending accounts,
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution,
- group term and supplemental life insurance,
- short-term disability,
- long-term disability,
- health club discounts,
- commuter benefits, and
- employee assistance program.
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of parental leave.