This position is responsible for analyzing the complex business problems being addressed by product, member, provider, regulatory and enterprise strategies, and new business cases and developing solutions for clients. Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. Defines client needs, determines a strategy and develops a plan/proposal for delivery of the project. May provide consultation to clients and lead cross-functional teams to address business issues. May directly produce datasets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools. The person in this position may also be responsible for writing business cases for new information-based solutions and should know how to equate business outcomes with cost benefit analysis and tangible metrics to support.
- Bachelors degree with at least 6 years of experience working in a role which requires one of more of the following: business development, business analyst, innovation management, etc OR 12 years of experience working in a role which requires one of more of the following: business development, business analyst, innovation management
- 6 years consulting and/or industry experience
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
- Takes initiative to solve complex problems; takes an outside in perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- May lead functional teams or projects
- Knowledge to assist business areas in defining their information strategy
- Experience using best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Experience developing business cases and related financial literacy to support cases, and ability to write business cases demonstrating future direction for leveraging information in the member, provider, product, and regulatory domains
- Gathering and document business requirements in support of information-related strategies
- Solve complex problems; take a new perspective using existing solutions
- Knowledge of various software development processes, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, and development, agile methodologies, and tools and technologies
- Create and conduct presentations to inform and influence, with the ability to think laterally and creatively
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Experience interacting successfully with management and staff across multiple departments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio) for written communication and analysis
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Math, Economics, or Finance
- Financial Aptitude
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple workstreams.
- Ability to build rapport and effectively partner with Actuarial, Sales, SSO, Accounting, etc.
- Knowledge of data/information management principles and strategies, or experience with strategic consulting with an information focus
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Accounting / Finance
Job Type Full-Time Regular
Location IL - Chicago
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC s Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to my account and click on View your job submissions .