ZS is the worlds largest firm focused exclusively on improving business performance through sales and marketing consulting solutions, from customer insights and strategy to analytics, operations and technology. Together, we design and implement strategies that lead to greater market share, more competitive operations and increased use of todays latest technologies. From our worldwide offices, ZS professionals draw on deep industry and domain expertise to deliver impact where it matters for clients. We are particularly known for our expertise in the pharmaceutical and health care sectors, yet work across a range of industries.
ZSs Cloud Engineering team that defines and implements cloud best practices that ensures secure resilient enterprise grade systems architecture for client facing/delivery software solutions. The Cloud team at ZS is a casual, collaborative, and a smart group with offices in Evanston, Illinois and Pune, India.
SENIOR CLOUD ENGINEER (AWS)
We seek a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our Cloud Engineering & Operations Team, located in Evanston, IL. As a Senior Cloud Engineer you will be an individual contributor and subject matter expert who maintains and participates in the design and implementation of technology solutions. The engineer will collaborate within a team of technologists to produce enterprise scale solutions for our clients needs. This position will be working with the latest Amazon Web Services technologies around cloud architecture, infrastructure automation, and network security.
- Enable resilience and high availability for numerous platforms, from bleeding-edge cloud applications to on-premise legacy environments;
- Ensure full-stack software solutions are architected and delivered using industry-leading DevOps best practices and technologies;
- Implement HA/DR, security, capacity, and compliance strategies for new and existing applications;
- Harden virtual networks, firewalls, load balancers, and virtual machines;
- Work with application development teams to select and utilize security tools, mitigate vulnerabilities, devise testing strategies and automate repeatable tasks;
- Build, implement and optimize cloud infrastructure solutions for distributed systems on our existing public cloud or data center;
- Collaborate to define best practices and standards around DevOps and service resilience while also building reusable automation libraries / APIs that can be applied across the enterprise.
- Bachelors degree required with record of high academic achievement, preferably in computer science, information technology or a related discipline master s degree preferred;
- A demonstrated record of success and significant programming experience are required;
- 3+ years in an Infrastructure Engineering / Software Engineering / DevOps role, deploying and maintaining multi-tiered application architectures;
- 2+ years experience with AWS cloud technologies and at least one AWS certifications is required (Solution Architect / DevOps Engineer);
- 1+ years experience functioning as a senior member in a infrastructure/software team;
- Hands-on experience with AWS services like CloudFormation (or Terraform), CodeBuild, Config, Systems Manager, ServiceCatalog, Lambda, etc.;
- Full-stack IT experience with *nix, Windows, network/firewall concepts, source control (BitBucket) and build/dependency management and continuous integration systems (TeamCity, Jenkins);
- Experience building automation using scripting languages like Bash/Powershell/Python;
- Experience working and contributing to software applications; development/deployment/management processes in a SaaS model;
- Experience working in agile teams with short release cycles;
- Possess strong verbal, written and team presentation communication skills;
- This role requires healthy doses of initiative and the ability to remain flexible and responsive in a very dynamic environment;
- Ability to work in global cross-office teams, including travelling to remote offices as required;
- Ability to work around unknowns and develop robust solutions;
- Experience of delivering quality work on defined tasks with limited oversight;
- Ability to quickly learn new platforms, languages, tools, and techniques as needed to meet project requirements.
ZS is a global consulting firm; fluency in English is required, additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is desirable.
Candidates must possess work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a cover letter expressing interest and a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs and 401k. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO AGENCY CALLS, PLEASE.