Job ID : 28514
Location : Texas City, TX
Company Name : Ragns
Job Type : Full-Time, Parttime, Contract, Training
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $158,900 - $199,000 per year
No. of Positions : I Have Ongoing Need To Fill This Role
Required Skills : Data Analysis,Team Management,Data Management,Database Design,Machine Learning,Agile,Data Structures,Test Cases,Resource Management,Monitoring
Benefits : Medical Insurance,Dental Insurance,Vision Insurance,401K,Life Insurance
Job Description :
Purpose Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Data engineer builds and optimizes the systems that allow perform proper analytics. They are responsible for the accuracy of the data as well as making it accessible to individuals who need to work with it. The data engineer ensures that any data is properly received, transformed, stored, and made accessible to other users.
- Applies a range of mathematical, statistical, predictive modelling or machine-learning techniques in consultation with experts if appropriate, and with sensitivity to the limitations of the techniques.
- Selects, acquires and integrates data for analysis.
- Develops data hypotheses and methods, trains and evaluates analytics models, shares insights and findings and continues to iterate with additional data.
- Actively maintains recognized expert level knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms. Provides definitive and expert advice in their specialist area(s).
- Oversees the provision of specialist advice by others, consolidates expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organizational objectives.
- Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organization.
Emerging technology monitoring
- Supports monitoring of the external environment and assessment of emerging technologies to evaluate the potential impacts, threats and opportunities to the organization.
- Contributes to the creation of reports, technology road mapping and the sharing of knowledge and insights.
Data modelling design
- Investigates corporate data requirements, and applies data analysis, design, modelling, and quality assurance techniques, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Provides advice and guidance to database designers and others using the data structures and associated components.
- Develops and maintains specialist knowledge of database and data warehouse concepts, design principles, architectures, software and facilities.
- Assesses proposed changes to object/data structures, in order to evaluate alternative options.
- Implements physical database designs to support transactional data requirements for performance and availability.
- Implements data warehouse designs that support demands for business intelligence and data analytics.
- Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors complex programs/scripts and integration software services.
- Contributes to selection of the software development approach for projects, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Applies agreed standards and tools, to achieve well-engineered outcomes.
- Participates in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues work.
- Accepts responsibility for creation of test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications (such as reliability, efficiency, usability, maintainability and portability).
- Creates traceability records, from test cases back to requirements.
- Produces test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services.
- Specifies requirements for environment, data, resources and tools.
- Interprets, executes and documents complex test scripts using agreed methods and standards.
- Records and analyses actions and results, and maintains a defect register.
- Reviews test results and modifies tests if necessary.
- Provides reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project.
- Reports on system quality and collects metrics on test cases.
- Provides specialist advice to support others.
- Implements stakeholder engagement/communications plan.
- Deals with problems and issues, managing resolutions, corrective actions, lessons learned and the collection and dissemination of relevant information.
- Collects and uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management.
- Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Applies ethical and robust techniques in the transformation of data from one format/medium to another, in line with organizational policies and procedures and being sensitive to risks around the use of information.
If required: People Management / Resource Management:
- Is involved in recruiting process and proposes support for hiring decision and pre-selection of candidates
- Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- HR (Senior) Management Controlling
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business
- Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 7-year experience in IT
- 5 years of experience in relevant area
- 2 years of experience in team management
- Strong understanding knowledge of regional and global market landscape and the respective customer
- Managed critical elements and cross functional and regional projects