Job Id : 970
Jobtitle : Senior Database Administrator
Location : Atlanta, GA
Company Name : Prestige Staffing
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $80,000 - $90,000 PER YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-07-01
Required Skills : Other
Benefits : No benefits are available
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Responsibilities include the ability to design, architect and maintain Progress OpenEdge 10.x databases for ERP & in-house custom-built applications. Leads and consults on the design, development, and implementation of logical database structures and classification schemas as well as physical database structures, archiving and conversion for complex and distributed physical databases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• All Progress database administration functions including definition, maintenance, web services, app server and support for a large production environment in an enterprise network, spanning multiple geographical regions preferably in a SAN environment.
• Database administration, manage and support all Production, QA and Development environments.
• Database design, architecture, and implementation
• Manage and monitor database backups and data growth. Refreshing QA and Dev environments from Live.
• Database Performance Tuning.
• Experience in Database Dump and Load and Progress OpenEdge upgrades
• Experience in code deployment, compilation and troubleshooting of issues relating to it.
• Providing support to the Development Team.
• Installation and configuration experience of Progress
• Should be fully conversant in Linux Shell Scripting and should be proficient in writing shell scripts for database administration and monitoring. Knowledge of Progress 4GL queries is a plus.
• Security administration in OS / Progress, user access definition, user access management, monitoring and maintaining the security of the Production environments.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent understanding of Progress OpenEdge 10.x database internals
• Tuning and enhancing of Progress 4GL scripting and programs.
• Conceptual understanding of overall hardware, software, and network infrastructure required
• Familiar with performance monitoring tools for various platforms and the ability to set up transaction metrics
• Experience in database design (logical and physical levels) to support complex transaction system.
• Ability to multitask (i.e., perform multiple architecture/design tasks concurrently.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• 4-year degree with major studies in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Software Engineering or Science (Preferred) or demonstrated equivalent work experience
• Strong Proficiency working with Enterprise Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS); Progress OpenEdge 10.x, Web-services, App server, etc.
• Database Administration Certification from product vendors or industry associations can also provide a competitive advantage.
• Must have 5 to 7 years of professional database management and support in a 24/7 environment to include: data modeling, database design and relational database administration
• 3 to 5 years working in a n-tier client-server environment
• Strong Proficiency working with Linux (Red Hat & Ubuntu) and Windows Server Operating Systems
• Strong Proficiency working with current network hardware, protocols and standards
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
CACI International Denver, CO
Job Description : Responsibility : Uses CND tools for continual ...
PlacingIT Richardson, Texas
Job Description : 10+ years’ experience Writing, designing, and ...
Concept Solutions LLC Reston, VA
Job Description : Responsibility : Reviews, evaluates, ...
Rezult Technology Brentwood, TN
Job Description : Responsibility : The performance and optimization of ...
Competent Systems, Inc Atlanta, Georgia
Job Description : Responsibility : Strong communication (verbal and ...
We’re an equal opportunity provider.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
OPTnation.com is not a Consulting Company/Training Company/H1B Sponsor.