Job Id : 1032
Jobtitle : Senior Developer - Information Technology
Location : Houston, TX
Company Name : United Airlines
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $50,000 - $80,000 YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-07-01
Required Skills : Engineering, Information Technology, Design
Benefits : No benefits are available
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
The Senior Developer plays an important role in creating and maintaining the strategic partnership between business needs and technology delivery. The Senior Developer's role is to plan, design, develop and launch efficient systems and solutions in support of core organizational functions. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues, opportunities or problems in order to maximize the benefit of IT and Business investments. This individual should be experienced and self - sufficient in performing his/her responsibilities requiring little supervision, but general guidance and direction.
· Design, develop and modify software applications/systems according to specifications
· Consults with Business Analysts and business partners on potential software solutions for business specifications
· Provides support to the software development leads (Senior Developer) during the design portion of the SDLC
· Support and troubleshoot software systems as required, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing follow-up on all issues and solutions
· Works on moderate to complex projects
· Develop appropriate software documentation as outlined in IDF
· Provides direction tools, technical and process support to less senior developers
· Demonstrate advance knowledge of SDLC processes, inputs/outputs , standards and best practices
· Demonstrate advance knowledge of development methodologies, software design and design patterns, integration standards as well as its applicability at coding and testing cycles
· Demonstrate advance knowledge of software engineering best practices such as: versioning and versioning control, software packaging and software release management
Demonstrate advance knowledge of the application of
development domain areas and specific technologies and
· BS Engineering / Computer Science / other disciplines with considerable technology experience, preferably in a technical or scientific field or equivalent experience, education or training
· Creativity & Innovation
· Effective Communication (verbal + written)
· Problem solver
· Attention to detail
· Working knowledge of business
· Excel at coding and on time delivery of quality components and or applications
· Excel at component and unit testing of following standard practices and methodologies
· Excel utilizing the technologies and domain knowledge with the delivery of developed components or integrated components
· Excel at triage or analysis of situations for production support
· Proficient with on time delivery with minimal supervision
· Effective verbal and written communicator
· Effective participant of requirements gathering, requirement analysis
· Proficient at applications, component and integration design following a prescribed architecture and technology footprint
· Minimum 10 years of hands-on experience in software development.
· Minimum 4 years experience in multi-tier, distributed enterprise architecture environments
· Extensive experience in relational and NoSQL database technologies
· Strong knowledge of C#, .Net Standard/Core
· Experience in Web Application development / Client Server Architecture
· Knowledge of n-Tier Architecture • Understanding of IIS / Web Services.
· Entity MVC Framework Experience
· Experience with Full-Stack Development
· Expert in C#, .NET development
· Strong knowledge of object-oriented design concepts and design patterns required
· Strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced atmosphere
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
· Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
· Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
Intone Networks Inc. Commerce City, CO
Job Description: At least have 12+ yrs. of experience with minimum 1-2 + years in AWS ...
Intone Networks Inc. Indianapolis, IN
Job Description: 4 or more years of relevant IT experience, 2 or more years of experience ...
Intone Networks Inc. Indianapolis, IN
Job Description: 4 or more years of relevant IT experience 2 or more years of experience ...
Intone Networks Inc. Secaucus, NJ
Job Description: Need a VB.net Developer SQL Server 2008 exp. API & XML web services ...
Intone Networks Inc Montville, NJ
Duties Partner with other Architecture teams to develop solution designs and review ...
We’re an equal opportunity provider.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
OPTnation.com is not a Consulting Company/Training Company/H1B Sponsor.