To apply for this position, you must have an active Top Secret Clearance.
This is a day shift or afternoon shift position.
Focused Cyber is currently staffing a position with a defense contractor in support of a federal customer.
Focused Cyber has an opportunity for a Digital Forensics Analyst/Investigator to support one of our Federal Customers in the DC Metro Area!
Give us the chance to make you a good offer.
Join a fast-growing company highly experienced in cyber security, cloud computing, virtualization, big data analytics, and project management! FC offers very competitive compensation, excellent benefits, including PTO, Holidays and Sick days off, tuition reimbursement and employer-contributed 401K, free training and referral bonuses. We work with the best customers on-site at top government agencies.
Clearance Level: TS with SCI eligibility
Citizenship: US Citizenship
Location: Arlington, VA
Work Schedule : Days and Shift work available
Telework eligibility: N/A
Program Overview and Responsibilities:
The Digital Forensics Analyst/Investigator performs a variety of highly technical analyses and procedures dealing with the collection, processing, preservation, analysis, and presentation of computer-related evidence, and is responsible for disseminating and reporting cyber-related activities, conducing vulnerability analyses and risk management of computer systems and recovering information from computers and data storage devices. Use forensic tools and investigative methods to find specific electronic data, including Internet use history, word processing documents, images and other files. Proficient in the latest forensic, response, and reverse engineering skills, but is astute in the latest exploit methodologies. Recover information from computers and data storage devices. Use forensic tools and investigative methods to find specific electronic data, including Internet use history, word processing documents, images and other files and information that have been hidden, deleted or lost.
- Sr. and Intermediate Digital Forensics - A combination of a degree and multiple years of experience*, or enough experience in lieu of a degree (*Need 3 to 9 years of experience, depending on level applying for)
- Digital Forensics Lead - Bachelor?s Degree and a minimum of 15 years related technical experience required or Master?s Degree in a technical area with 12 years of experience for the Lead Role.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
- Familiarity using forensic tools and investigative methods to locate specific electronic data.
- Proficient in the latest forensic, response, and reverse engineering skills and astute in the latest exploit methodologies.
- A combination of a degree and multiple years of experience*, or enough experience in lieu of a degree (*Need 3 to 15 years of experience, depending on level applying for) TOP SECRET with SCI eligibility. We can check to see if you are eligible if you don t know.
- Hands-on working experience with Encase and/ or FTK digital forensics applications
- Experience in planning, directing, and managing projects/operations in a 24x7 SOC
- Experience providing metrics and reports from a SIEM
- Demonstrated expert-level knowledge of Intrusion Detection
- Demonstrated expert-level knowledge of industry standards and best practices within digital forensics
- Experience with researching and fielding new and innovative technology
- Experience managing IT systems
- Strong communications and technical writing skills
- Strong team player with the ability to conduct daily duties autonomously
- Bachelor?s Degree in an IT related field of study
- Experience within SOC/NOC operations
- Familiarity with Kill Chain for incident response
- Familiarity with malware analysis
- Familiarity with incident response products and best practices
- Customer Service experience
- DODD 8570 Level II certification or higher such as Security+, CEH, MSCE, CCNA, or CISSP Certification.
Interested! Apply Now for immediate Consideration!
Call 804-539-8278 or email [email protected] for immediate consideration
Focused Cyber is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are a recent college graduate or are trying to enter the Cyber or IT fields and do not qualify for a position as described above, please send an email to [email protected]
and ask for details. We offer very low cost training programs that may give you a career in an IT or Cyber field. Its a unique program where you can learn for an extremely low cost, about a $1.75 per day, have access to hundreds of IT, Cyber and related classes AND gain valuable time as an Intern, IT consultant or student under instruction attached to one of our companies. This is time that you can put as experience on your resume while receiving our training. Its month to month, so stop anytime you want. This is unique in the industry and can benefit you greatly, especially if you are relatively new or junior in this career field.?