Microsofts Global Demand Center (GDC) team is leading the marketing transformation of Microsofts largest and fastest growing commercial businesses, including Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Dynamics 365, Windows, Surface, and more. Before interacting with traditional sales channels, Microsofts customers learn about products and services and interact with our brand and products through digital and in-person experiences including advertising, web, social, events, product trials, and content. The GDC team is modernizing and integrating these channels through advanced analytics, marketing automation, and digital marketing.
We are searching for a talented senior marketing leader with demonstrated success leading marketing teams through transformation to achieve results. Are you someone who thrives leading change and has the communication and executive presence to influence and inspire stakeholders at all levels in an organization? Do you have a passion for modern, digital marketing to drive customer experiences that create demand and loyalty? Do you have demonstrated success attracting and developing top talent and effectively managing a team? If so, this position may be the right opportunity for you.
As a member of the Global Engagement Programs and Content leadership team, you will lead the marketing strategy for the Modern Workplace solution area for Microsoft. This solution area covers the Microsoft 365 product portfolio including Office 365, Windows, Surface, Teams, our security offerings, and more. You will lead a team of marketers to define business and go-to-market strategy, deliver and optimize the Global Engagement Programs, create new scenarios and customer journeys, and create experiences and content to drive marketing and business impact.
- Support a diverse and inclusive team culture and attract, retain, and grow top marketing talent as a team manager.
- Define marketing investment strategy for the Modern Workplace solution area and underlying scenarios.
- Develop and innovate content marketing audience-centric strategies and execution.
- Partner with Microsoft 365 Marketing and Cloud Marketing product marketing and integrated marketing teams to design the digital customer journey with personalized, relevant content and experiences for each audience.
- Partner with key leaders to support growth strategies including account-based marketing and partner integration into Global Engagement Programs.
- Track, manage, and influence action to resolve issues and critical blockers impacting engagement program performance and content ROI.
- Drive strategy and planning of segment, field, and channel marketing programs for alignment and impact.
- Strong track record of working across internal teams to define and execute strategic initiatives with passion, precision, and excellence.
- Capability to bring an outside-in perspective both in terms of marketing strategies and customer and industry insights.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills to drive projects and build executive buy-in and support for key projects.
- Understanding of direct/ecommerce business channels, digital and lifecycle marketing programs.
- Exceptional problem solving across a variety of business challenges both marketing, operations and technical arenas.
- Strong strategic thinking complemented with a bias for action and execution/operational excellence.
- Exceptional people manager with minimum of five or more years experience managing teams of five or greater. Talent attractor with ability to help create and foster a diverse and inclusive environment.
- A minimum of 10+ years in marketing or campaign management.
- BS/BA degree required; MBA or equivalent experience preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.