Akima, LLC is an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC) with ****93 years of federal contracting experience and over 7,****93 employees supporting more than ****93,****93 Iupiat shareholders in the NANA region of Alaska. Akima provides the backbone infrastructure to support more than ****93 socio-economically disadvantaged small businesses (SDBs) with mature business processes and shared back-office support services normally only found in a Fortune ****93 defense contractor. Our employees form one of the broadest skill sets in all of government and industry delivering services and solutions in fields as diverse as aviation, construction, facilities and logistics, information technology, protective services and detention management, and systems engineering. We continually look for the very best and brightest to support our commitment to superior outcomes across todays most complex and critical missions worldwide. To learn more about Akima, LLC and opportunities across our family of companies, visit www.akima.com
Akima seeks to hire a Business Development Account Executive in support of U.S. Air Force accounts. In this role, you will be responsible for formulating and executing strategy, developing and qualifying the Air Force pipeline, and winning new business within the Air Force account. The candidate must have demonstrable experience generating Air Force opportunities and relationships, knowledge of the contractual requirements of the industry, and a track record of proven results. The candidate should have a solid background with Air Combat Command (ACC), Air Force Material Command (AFMC), Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC), Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), Program Executive Officers (PEOs), System Program Offices (SPOs), and HQ Air Staff. The candidate should have previous operational experience in US Air Force and understanding of the Air Forces Information Technology portfolio including the Information Technology strategy, networks and network-centric policies, communications, information resources management, and information assurance. The candidate will have access to Air Force procurement vehicles, such as SBEAS, OASIS, and 8(a) STARS. Responsibilities include full opportunity lifecycle management to include identification and qualification of opportunities, development and maintenance of the opportunity pipeline, development of customer-focused solutions, development and maintenance of customer relationships, and working with executive staff to obtain opportunity pursuit approvals. Additional responsibilities include supporting the development of strong proposals and driving revenues that exceed assigned revenue targets.
- Formulating and executing strategy, pipeline development, and other activities to win new business within the USAF account.
- Ensuring that Akima is viewed as a key partner in the USAF market, and helping position Akima favorably in the eyes of both the customer and teaming partners.
- Owning the development and execution of an account strategy and pipeline while ensuring that the USAF business development strategy is implemented, including making recommendations for modifications when necessary.
- Identifying opportunities with high Pwin potential, qualifying opportunities, and working with our capture and delivery teams to win.
- Leading teams to develop and deliver on a pipeline of USAF opportunities that align to Akimas Strategic Solutions of Enterprise IT.
- Overseeing the development and execution of customer call plans for opportunities, assessing competitive landscape, and applying knowledge of leading competitors to foster the development and implementation of an effective and differentiated win strategy.
- Coaching others and providing business development advice to delivery leads as necessary.
- Aiding in the negotiation of teaming agreements, contracts, and proposal development.
- Developing and briefing bid/no bid recommendations, pursuit and capture strategies for new business opportunities; and associated business cases for advancing opportunities that will grow the business base.
- Using strong client management skills, including the ability to develop and maintain lasting relationships with government and industry partners through daily interactions in the USAF market to gain valuable intelligence and insights and subsequently position Akima as a trusted partner to customers.
- Managing responses to government market research inquiries (e.g. RFIs, Sources Sought Notices, etc.), attend industry events, and participate in thought leadership initiatives.
- Shaping acquisition strategies by leveraging client relationships, company capabilities and experience, partners, and contracting vehicles.
- Delivering presentations and communicating to internal and external audiences.
- When necessary, assisting the Capture Manager for large strategic bids ($****93M to $****93M+ in gross bookings) in the USAF account including development of solutions and win strategies; developing and executing capture plans based on established internal processes and tools; and advancement of proposal readiness.
- Assisting Solution Architects with technical aspects of a solution to help advance the USAFs IT and cyber mission.
Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelors degree required with a preference for scientific, engineering or business discipline; advanced degree highly desired
- Previous operational experience in USAF and understanding of the commands, mission areas and space
- Previous background and experience at Air Force MAJCOM A6 staff, ****93th Air Force, ****93th Air Force, PEO Business Enterprise Systems (BES), AFLCMC or Air Staff A****93
- Knowledge of the Air Forces Enterprise Information Technology as a Service (EITaaS), Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance and Cyber Effects Operations
- ****93 years of business development and/or capture experience with demonstrated success developing a qualified new business pipeline and winning new business
- Strong familiarity with federal acquisition regulations, policies and contract vehicles strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in identifying, qualifying and helping organizations win contracts >$****93M
- Current Secret or higher security clearance is required
- Ability to identify key growth areas and develop new business aligned with the company s growth strategy and campaigns
- Ability to lead interdisciplinary teams with varying levels of experience
- Knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market
- Strong contract management, negotiation & influencing skills
- Ability to present and communicate effectively at senior levels
- Problem solving & decision making
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage customer relationships to maximize business opportunities
- Ability to travel up to ****93 percent of the time or as business dictates
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at [email protected]
or ****93-****93. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website. Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Shift: Day Job Primary Location: US-VA-Herndon Organization: Akima, LLC Shared Services Job: Sales, Business Development & Related Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External: Ongoing Travel: Yes, ****93 % of the Time Clearance Level: SECRET