Senior Director, Public Sector Industry Solutions-190000J4
No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position. Preferred Qualifications
Oracle Global Industry Solutions Group is looking for a dynamic leader for Public Sector industry solutions. This person will develop and lead a unified global industry marketing and solutions strategy to grow cloud services in this $300 Billion Public Sector/Government market. This individual will be key in building new solution sales models and enabling the field sales team to grow revenue, consumption, and mindshare across Oracles cloud offerings. This role has a heavy focus on industry solutions development and scale and is key to our industry cloud growth.
This individual will develop solution sales strategies and marketing for the Oracle sales and partner teams that support central, local & regional governments including applications, technology, and cloud capabilities. This person will also identify and deliver industry solutions/product development requirements with sales/business case justification for target markets. Responsibilities include all aspects of solution development lifecycle, with heavy focus on maintaining current industry domain expertise, content creation, industry solution accelerators, demos, joint solution offers and industry certifications. This role is very heavily focused on sales enablement via strategy and content creation, but will have occasional customer and partner engagement.
- Define go-to-market strategy and activities for the industry.
- Define target markets and recommend market segment solutions and sales strategy.
- Define Public Sector Industry Solutions Strategy and Messaging, go-to-market strategy and activities for engaging with central government and local & regional government focused organizations.
- Manages Public Sector industry marketing team to ensure industry marketing assets, enablement, and objectives are met.
- Works with internal marketing teams to define target markets and recommend market segment solutions and sales strategy.
- Establishes key relationships with Oracle product marketing teams.
- Responsible for industry solution sales enablement.
- Define regional industry growth strategies and develop relationship with regional sales, partner, and marketing teams.
- Deliver sales training to support Industry Solutions, Sales Campaigns, and Product Positioning with Sales and Partners.
- Train account teams on industry trends, solutions, and consultative selling.
- Collaborate with Product Development and sales management across the regions on strategies and high-level tactics to deliver Oracle solutions that support government industry requirements.
- Support development of new business opportunities and partner relationships to grow pipeline.
- Presents/demonstrates solutions to high level clients and industry conference attendees.
- Acknowledged industry authority globally and within Oracle.
- Provides leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology.
- Contributes to Public Sector industry communities.
- BA/BS degree in related field.
- 10+ years of experience in global Public Sector/Government, sales and marketing of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and/or other enterprise cloud-based applications (ERP, HCM, CRM).
- Subject matter expertise in Public Sector/Government trends and sales/support.
- Knowledge of key industry leaders and management.
- Knowledge of Oracle competition.
- Excellent communication, negotiating, and closing skills with prospects and customers.
Work Location: Onsite at Oracle Headquarters in Redwood City, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
Travel Component: 5%-10% travel, some international.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements Development and implementation of business plans, marketing strategy, and forecasts for a product/service or vertical market. Manages a staff of managers.
As a manager in product marketing, you will be responsible for leading the development of company marketing specifications for specific product(s) or product line(s). Manage marketing activities within the context of the overall corporate plan to meet company objectives. Monitor the development of business plans and business results of e-marketing. Manage lifecycles and product positioning in the market place. Identify customer needs, oversee market research, and monitor the market trends/competitive landscape. Implement and monitor advertising campaigns. Act as a technical advisor for specific product(s). Initiate and foster relationships with development, sales, and other groups to develop new products or enhance functionality of existing product(s) or product line(s). Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Directs and ensures the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers. Interacts internally and externally with executive management involving negotiation of difficult matters to influence policy. Functional expertise and broad company knowledge. In-depth knowledge of the computer industry, database and development technology and markets. Extensive marketing analysis experience. BA/BS degree. MBA preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.