Consolidated Metco (ConMet) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture proprietary wheel ends, aluminum castings and plastic components for the commercial vehicle market. Our team is made up of more than 6,000 people across the United States, Mexico and China. For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.conmet.com. ConMet is a subsidiary of Chicago-based Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the worlds largest transportation component manufacturers and one of America s largest 100% employee-owned (ESOP) companies.
The Senior Electrical Engineer (for Commercial Vehicle Applications) is responsible for providing engineering and project management leadership and direction to internal and external customers, specific to our new Electrification product line via APQP process. This engineer is tasked with the development of customer relationships, project management, field engineering support and promotion of ConMet technical solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports and manages new development projects with responsibility for setting priorities, meeting customer deadlines and coordinating required activities.
- Acts as a customer liaison, building and maintaining a strong customer network.
- Provides guidance for electrification system component strategies and manages the execution of those strategies based on voice of customer feedback (VOC) and ConMet strategic initiatives.
- Leads field data collection activities and coordinates data analysis and simulation efforts.
- Facilitates selection of components for new electrification products and system configurations.
- Leads investigations and manages response to field performance, as required, and contributes to corrective action plans for key engineering issues associated with specific products.
- Maintains awareness of the relevance and importance of activities and how each contributes to achieving quality objectives. Understands the importance of ensuring customer quality standards are met. Responsibilities may include the selection of special characteristics, setting quality objectives and related training, corrective and preventive actions, product design and development, capacity analysis, logistics information, customer scorecards, and customer portals.
This is a newly created role based at our corporate HQ in Vancouver, Washington. For more ConMet HQ info, visit our local careers page at: https://www.conmet.com/locations/vancouver-wa-hq/ -- For more info on ConMet s new PreSet Plus Electric Hub, visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHMkxz48KW0
- Bachelor s or Master s of Science in Electrical Engineering or a closely related field required
- Eight or more years of electrical engineering experience required
- Experience with BEV, HEV, and PHEV system architecture, troubleshooting, testing, and development required
- Experience developing and testing vehicle control systems; logging and analyzing data required
- Understanding of High Voltage DC battery systems safety and best practices required
- Experience in a customer-facing technical role required
- Commercial vehicle industry experience required
- Hands-on EV prototype build experience highly preferred
- Ability to travel (primarily in the United States) at least 25% required
Note: We are unable to provide any visa sponsorship of any kind (including H1b or OPT) for this positionall applicants must have permanent legal ability to work in the United States.
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection, and our innovative new uncapped vacation plan.
- Participation (100% company paid) in the ConMet/Amsted Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program (with 5% company match)
- College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*For recently posted ConMet career opportunities, company news and product innovation updates, please follow us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/54513
Job Type: Full-time
- customer-facing technical: 1 year (Required)
- Electrical Engineering: 8 years (Required)
- Commercial vehicle industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- EV prototype build: 1 year (Preferred)
- developing and testing vehicle control systems: 1 year (Required)
- BEV, HEV, and PHEV system architecture: 1 year (Required)