Senior Electrical Controls Engineer
Position Description: Concentric Integration provides smart water planning, consulting, implementation, and managed support for progressive water and wastewater utilities. Our services include control systems, automation, Operational Technology (OT), and business intelligence services, all with turnkey, fully-implemented and managed supported solutions. We are a team of leaders, consultants, engineers, and hands-on integrators helping progressive government leaders implement a roadmap to efficiency with technology. We ask tough questions that demand answers. And through an ongoing conversation with forward-thinking clients, we continually look for opportunities for efficiency and improved global resource stewardship. We love to work with people who are excited to make a difference.
The Senior Electrical Controls Engineer will assist in the design, fabrication, programming, installation, commissioning/testing, & support of primarily Water/Wastewater control systems. These systems typically include process instrumentation, control panels, motor controls, power monitoring, PLCs, OITs/HMIs, SCADA/DCS Systems, industrial networking, IT infrastructure, radio/cellular telemetry, reporting, & data collection. The Senior Electrical Controls Engineer will report to the Lead Automation Engineer within the region.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program.
- 7+ years of experience as an Electrical/Controls Engineer.
- Programming experience using programmable logic controllers (PLCs), operator interface terminals (OITs), and SCADA software. Products used by Concentric Integration primarily include Allen-Bradley SLC, MicroLogix, CompactLogix, ControlLogix, PanelView, Rockwell FactoryTalk View, GE iFIX, Wonderware System Platform, InTouch, and other hardware/software.
- Advanced Computer Skills, Literacy, & Proficiency.
- AutoCAD and Visio experience a plus, or must be willing to be quickly trained.
- Must possess effective oral, written, & digital communication skills.
- Must be able to easily interact with other staff & assist in communications with clients, customers, engineers, & contractors.
- Must possess effective organizational skills for productive task and time management.
- Must be able to identify and solve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be willing to undertake self-development activities
- Must provide own transportation (reimbursable) to drive a vehicle to various offices and client locations.
- Reports to the Lead Automation Engineer within the region for work responsibilities, scheduling, and quality control.
- Assists senior level staff with instrumentation & control design services for water and wastewater treatment facilities, pumping stations, and related facilities.
- Provides in-house PLC/OIT/HMI programming and testing.
- Provides onsite work for municipal clients including instrumentation configuration, installation assistance, and control system and process start-up/testing.
- When skill level is at a level of competence to allow for independent work assignments, the Senior Electrical Controls Engineer will be expected to be on-call 24/7 to troubleshoot instrumentation and control system issues. Staff rotates on-call duties weekly between employees. <15 minute initial (phone) response time to outages when on-call is expected unless prior arrangements have been made (vacation, time off, etc.).
- Occasionally lift items up to 50 pounds without assistance.
Concentric Integration is an equal opportunity - affirmative action M/F/Vet/Disability employer