Senior Financial Analyst
Brookdale Hospital Medical Center – Brooklyn, NY
The Senior Analyst is responsible for ensuring the appropriate financial controls are in place, and the day-to-day financial management of the practice plan. The Senior Analyst collaborates with leadership and practice personnel to support day-to-day operations of the physician practices and ensures timely and accurate compensation for employed and contract clinicians. The Senior Analyst ensures that organizational resources are effectively deployed and that compensation is accurately and effectively managed. The Senior Analyst is expected to perform regular analyses, prepare journal entries, streamline ordering, and audit contracts in addition to other special projects.
- Responsible for financial reporting for the faculty practice plan. Participates with department leadership in establishing performance expectations; communicates expectations to office and clinical leadership, establishes relationships with key stakeholders across the institution. Promotes practices and processes that contribute to success; directs the effective management of barriers that impede achieving targeted results.
- Presents periodic financial overview to the departments and senior leadership.
- Manages the physician compensation plan and works closely with leadership to ensure incentive program is aligned with core mission.
- Assists in ensuring that all compensation meets regulatory guidelines
- Develops fair market valuation analyses for employment agreements, MSAs, PSAs, acquisitions and affiliations.
- Contributes expertise in compensation planning and management to support the on-going development of the practice plan.
- Develops dashboards to ensure key financial metrics exceed and/or meet standards for staffing, operating costs and overall fiscal performance of the practice plan. Develops actions plans as necessary.
- Collaborates with accounting, purchasing, accounts payable and human resources on enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Aids in creating financial arrangements for new business opportunities and reviewing contractual terms from a finance/value perspective.
- Develops and maintains a detailed profit and loss statement and ensure that reporting is consistent with GAAP principals.
- Leads the practice plan in annual budgeting process.
- Ensures that compensation information is secure and that the highest levels of discretion and confidentiality are maintained.
- Foster an environment that promotes Respect, Dignity and Integrity.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required, MBA/MHA preferred.
- Three (3) years experience of financial reporting within a large physician group practice or an acute care hospitals with employed physicians preferred.
- Experience with Physician compensation management preferred.
- Experience developing and managing productivity-based compensation models.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with practice management systems, ideally AthenaHealth and/or EPIC
- Excellent human relations and oral/written communication skills
- Strong financial skills, including expert-level excel skills
- Strong understanding of not-for-profit accounting standards, GAAP and healthcare specific value measurements (i.e. compensation per wRVU, cost per adjusted discharge, etc. )
- CPA designation preferred.
- Position requires prolonged periods of sitting and use of a computer and screen viewing throughout the working day.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts