American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in M&A Finance and Analysis. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Senior Financial Analyst, M&A will play a critical role in the Finance department, joining a fast-paced and collaborative team. Reporting to the VP, Corporate Development, the individual will perform a variety of analytical tasks to develop thoughtful insights on corporate development initiatives to leaders.
The Senior Financial Analyst, M&A will develop dynamic financial models required to support potential acquisition targets/deals, as well as partnerships, strategic alliances, joint ventures and other projects. The candidate can work independently to analyze and assess the broader healthcare market, tracking and maintaining a database of potential M&A targets.
- Build and manage financial/analytical acquisition business case models
- Evaluate business cases and advise the business of potential risks and synergy opportunities
- Maintain the strategic pipeline of potential target companies
- Collaborate with various business units to provide data-driven insights to support strategic direction
- Help with creation of Board of Director and other Executive presentations
- Support the business on integration activities
- Ad hoc financial analysis and strategic projects as requested
- Bachelor s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in a Finance or M&A related role required.
- Highly experienced in dynamic model building and company business valuations
- Desire to drive efficiency, process improvement, and to enhance understanding of business drivers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly analytical with great attention to detail
- Extremely organized
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Very strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Teamwork approach to working
- Ability to hit the ground running.
- Thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
Should you join American Well and the Accounting and Finance team, you can expect:
Accounting and Finance is a service-oriented organization that is responsible for supporting the company s operations in all aspects of its business. We have deployed sophisticated enterprise resource planning solutions across the company in order to support the company s growth to deliver actionable information to all stakeholders. The Accounting and Finance team is made up of dedicated professional team members.
Our day to day work involves dealing with complex accounting and tax matters and building sophisticated financial models to support key company decisions including cost-benefit and ROI models. Our organization is charged with the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance and planning, customer claims processing and management, customer invoicing, payroll, financial systems.
If you wish to join a collaborative organization that works hard but has fun this is the place for you!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks