Senior Fullstack Java Developer
Job Id : 13970
Jobtitle : Senior Fullstack Java Developer
Location : Atlanta, GA
Company Name : Ultimate Software
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $105,000 - $120,000 PER YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2020-06-02
Required Skills : Java, JavaSpring,Excellent Problem Solving And Communication Skills,Strong Use Of Source Code Repositories. Proficiency With Tools Including: Git, TeamCity, Concourse
Benefits : No benefits are available
Job Description :
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
The engineer will be primarily responsible for developing an Integration Platform following CQRS patterns to supports our product offerings along with other services and deployment code written in many languages. Additional duties would include educating and evangelizing to the rest of the team best practices around the Java Spring framework, performance, and reliability.
- Collaborate with members of the team to solve challenging engineering tasks on time and with high quality.
- Engage in code reviews and training of team members.
- Support continuous deployment pipeline code.
- Situationally troubleshoot production issues alongside the support team.
- Continually research and recommend product improvements.
- Create and integrate features for our enterprise software solution using the latest Java, Java Spring, Mongo technologies
- Write web services, business objects, and other middle-tier framework using Java, Java Spring, and Mongo technologies
- Actively communicate with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the team goals
- Leverage open source and other technologies and languages outside of the Java framework should the need arise, and autonomously be able to make use of those decisions
- Develop cutting edge solutions to maximize the performance, scalability, and distributed processing capabilities of the system
- Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production issues that are escalated to the engineering team
- Work with development teams in an agile context as it relates to software development, including test driven development, automated unit testing and test fixtures, and pair programming
- Actively participate in daily code reviews with talented software engineers and architects
Required Qualifications/Skills :
- 5 or more years’ experience as a key developer on enterprise projects
- 2 years of experience with Angular (Angular.js, Angular 2, Angular 5)
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Java, JavaSpring.
- Software development experience including: OOP, concurrency programming, design patterns, RESTful service implementation, Service Oriented Architecture, Test-Driven Development, Acceptance Testing.
- Experience creating tools to automate the deployment of an enterprise software solution to the cloud
- Strong object-oriented design and development experience
- Knowledge of design patterns and their implementation
- Multi-tier application design and development
- Multi-threaded design and development
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Java Spring
- Event Sourcing
- Event Oriented Architectures
- Distributed Systems and Concurrency Programming
Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training :
- SaaS software design principles. You understand engineering enterprise-scale software that is deployed using cloud technologies like OpenStack and Cloud Foundry.
- RESTful APIs. You have experience designing and implementing APIs at scale.
- Object-oriented Java skills. You are a rock-solid Java developer and use it regularly. You know how to apply best practices in Java. (3+ years in Java Spring preferred)
- You have experience writing and implementing automated unit, system, and integration tests. Skilled at troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis for production issues escalated to the team.
- Proactive problem solving. You are self-driven, love to learn and contribute not just to your primary area but across boundaries.
- Multiple years of experience in web technologies utilizing SOA patterns and REST
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Teamwork is a must
Preferred Qualifications :
- Strong use of source code repositories. Proficiency with tools including: Git, TeamCity, Concourse
- Experience using automation testing tools (Selenium, xUnit, mocking frameworks)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering; equivalent experience accepted.