We are seeking an experienced health care data warehousing QA professional to join our team. This person will work with us to perform manual and automated SQL and report testing of a large health care data warehouse.
- Work closely with the ETL team and other quality assurance professionals to write and execute test cases.
- Write SQL tests including minus queries and balancing queries.
- Appropriately update the test tracking and bug tracking systems to ensure that work is tracked accurately.
- 2+ years of quality assurance experience in a health care data warehouse environment
- 2+ years of experience with at least one of the following tools: Tableau, Cognos, Business Objects, MS Analysis Services, Hyperion, Oracle
- 2+ years of experience using test management tools such as DevSuite, Atlassian, Rational, or HP tools.
- Proficient knowledge of SQL including analytic functions
- Experience contributing to the planning and execution activities for the following SDLC phases:
- Systems analysis and requirements definition
- Systems design
- System Testing
- User Acceptance Testing
- Maintenance and operation support
- Strong knowledge of system and regression testing including creation and execution of test cases
- Experience with data analysis techniques, data modeling and / or data management tools (e.g., MS Excel, SQL language, relational databases)
- Must reside within commutable distance of Richmond, VA.
- Understanding of relational & dimensional modeling
- Understanding of HIPAA privacy & security rules
- Knowledge of Federal and State healthcare programs (i.e., Medicaid, CHIP) and related eligibility / enrollment principles, and claims data
- Knowledge of Medicaid payment policy and MMIS data
- Knowledge of Agile and waterfall development techniques
- Knowledge of ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT-4, NDC and other medical coding standards
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve peoples lives. This is where its happening. This is where youll help solve the problems that have never been solved. Were freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever its needed. Were creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your lifes best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.