Cox Automotive is currently looking for a Senior Instructional Designer, Multimedia to join our team in Atlanta, Georgia.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic multimedia and instructional design professional to join the Cox Automotive Global Learning team. The ideal candidate will have experience leading, delivering, and managing multimedia learning projects and have a passion for creativity and personal development.
This position is responsible for providing graphic design, video, and general multimedia support for training activities including instructor led classroom training, instructor led virtual training, web-based training, webinars, and a variety of other training deliverables. The ideal candidate will combine art and technology to communicate ideas through images, videos, graphics and the layout of web content and facilitator guides.
This position works collaboratively across Global Learning, our People Solutions partners, and the business to understand and execute. This position reports to the Sr Manager, Learning.
- Develop, modify and create digital & print designs for web content, facilitator & participant materials
- Photography/videography production skills, and intermediate to advanced editing skills for media content that supports learning objectives
- Create images that communicate concepts, principles, ideas or convey messages related to training objectives
- Develop graphics/illustrations that support media deliverables across a variety of learning projects
- Select colors, images, text style, and layout to create unique training deliverables that align with the Cox Automotive brand
- Present design ideas and graphics to internal and external clients
- Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design
- Manage and facilitate design projects in order meet production deadlines
- Test graphics across various media platforms
- Editing and video production experience with Adobe s Premiere & After Effects tools
- Analysis Works with leadership and management to analyze learning needs for select programs on an ongoing basis.
Design Based on analysis, designs and redesigns learning programs that meet organizational needs and implements adult learning best practices. Make modifications to programs as needs change.
- Development/Implementation/Evaluation Works with the team to create, implement, and evaluate assigned programs.
- Delivery Implements adult learning theory best practices.
- Project Management Coordinates and drives the plan for learning programs. Takes ownership of assigned projects, documents program plans, reports results in a timely manner, and drives timely completion for every milestone.
- Proficiency with Adobe design software especially InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, & After Effects
- Preferred: Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC and InDesign CC
- Advanced to expert knowledge of layout, color, typography, photography, icons, and internet media
- Up-to-date on the design and photography trends with the ability to adapt these trends into designs
- Experience managing multiple projects at one time and meeting strict production deadlines
- A positive attitude and flexibility for last-minute changes
- Experience working in a collaborative, team environment
- A strong portfolio of illustrations, photos, videos and other graphics
- Advanced to expert photography/videography experience
- Self-motivated, organized and deadline oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of the instructional design process and adult learning
- Ability to work in a fast paced, self-directed environment to meet aggressive timelines
- Ability to work with teams and independently
- Up to 10 percent travel between Cox Automotive offices, training, and or conferences (if applicable) and as determined by business need.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor s degree in graphic design, multimedia training or learning, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- Generally 5+ years working at an office with a creative, collaborative fast-paced environment
- Experience in adult learning principles, technology, and e-learning
- Stays current on the learning best practices and industry trends
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global companys 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com, Dealertrack, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim, NextGear Capital, VinSolutions, vAuto and Xtime, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.