This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading organization as we enter the world of connected products. Watts Water Technologies has been leading the water safety and conservation effort since 1874 and continue to invest in technology to drive value and safety for our customers.
The Senior IoT Security Engineer is a key leader in the Watts Water Technology global connected strategy Team, responsible for all connected products across all Watts brands. This role is a subject matter expert who, through independent project engagements and collaboration with business and technology partners, as well as third party vendors, will designs and develops an IoT security and big data architecture for the entire organization. This includes, but is not limited to, critical technologies such as IoT devices, Data Lakes, Data Warehouses and Artificial Intelligence (AI) under Microsoft Azure platform.
This role is responsible for the companys IoT Security Architecture for connected products and should have in-depth experience in translating key strategic objectives into actionable and governable standards, architecture patterns and road maps. The Sr. IoT Security Engineer maintains current knowledge of security threats and recommends security enhancements and purchases that allow Watts Water Technologies to maintain a secure robust connected platform. This individual must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization on information security related matters and may be asked to present to the senior leadership team.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the companys data protection technology and information systems and capabilities.
- Provide security requirements, design and architecture patterns including processes and tools to protect data across all platforms.
- Provide guidance and recommendations related to big data protection security architecture and lead proof of concept projects.
- Lead the development and guidance during data protection architecture design activities of new and existing products.
- Conduct architectural risk and impact assessments on new and existing applications/data stores.
- Research and evaluate proposed data protection and business solutions for adherence to documented company standards, policies and regulatory responsibilities.
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams and Business Units to implement and support existing and future IoT security solutions.
- Determine data protection and database centric security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements, researching information security standards, conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments and identifying integration issues.
- Plan security systems by evaluating data protection technologies; developing requirements for all areas related to data protection and database security.
- Act as the subject matter expert with regards to strengths and weaknesses of the data protection systems and recommend improvements to both software and embedded hardware.
- Identify data protection security architecture capabilities and designing security architecture patterns to mitigate threats.
- Assess emerging data protection technologies against security architecture to determine where they fill gaps, overlap with existing solutions or extend capabilities.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field.
- CISSP, CREA, CEH, CPT, CEPT, CWAPT or other relevant security certifications and knowledge of ISO and NIST security standards preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Three to five (3-5+) years of experience in system security administration, controls or information management experience and/or Security Engineer/Architect/Consultant
- Five (5+) years of systems architecture experience
- In-depth understanding of IoT Azure solutions and security best practices/governance
- Wrangling the explosion data from the Internet of Things (IOT)
- Keeping your data secure with encryption, KMS, HSM, IAM, Cognito, STS, and more
- Experience with analytic solutions applied to the Marketing or Risk needs of enterprises
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 5 + years of IT platform implementation experience.
- End to end understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product and technical challenges
- Familiarity with security industry standards (ISO 17799, ISO 27001/2, ISO 31000, NIST 800 series)
- Experienced with core data protection technologies and relational database management platforms
- Experience in defining and implementing data protection/database security and solid understanding of best practices
- Demonstrated ability of leading programs focused around security
- Influencing experience at senior levels within an organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position has no direct reports.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work in office environment or Work in a manufacturing environment
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting.
- Up to 20% travel, including international travel
- As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroup
2. Initiate Positive Change
3. Deliver High Quality Results
4. Focus on the Customer
5. Develops Self & Others
By linking this application to your LinkedIn profile, you agree that you consent to Watts and any of its affiliates, divisions, and/or third party service providers accessing and using the information on your LinkedIn profile for the purposes of assessing your application.
Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.