Alternate Locations: Concord, NH (New Hampshire); Hartford, CT (Connecticut)Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.Requisition #60207About the CompanyLincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This is an opportunity for an accomplished Senior Mainframe Cobol developer to join a well-established and capable team building award winning Insurance solutions. This person will build applications working with the Vantage system and should be familiar with the third-party applications many Insurance Providers work with. This candidate must be able to develop, enhance, and support Informatica workflows and processes using Informatica Power Center for the extraction and transformation of data in a UNIX and Oracle database environment. The candidate must have experience participating in and beginning to lead teams within a Mainframe databased organization.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides direction to development teams in areas of project scheduling, technical direction and application development standards.
- Assesses and measures solution design impacts on IT infrastructure capacity, application architecture standards, future maintenance/support needs, and bottom line cost-benefits in consultation with appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Serves as a subject matter expert &/or provides direction on the design & development of applications systems while demonstrating an understanding of the broad implications & financial impacts of proposed solutions on operational & infrastructure support.
- Serves as an escalation point for issue resolution.
- Analyzes, designs, codes, debugs, integrates and tests complex software application solutions for systems.
- Identifies potential application solutions by understanding complex business/technical problems and opportunities.
- Provides input on the development of project plans, test plans and implementation plans including determining estimates on time frames, needed resources and budgets.
- Creates more complex technical specifications from business requirements/business specifications.
- Provides expertise regarding the integration of applications across the business.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to ensure that systems are designed, developed and implemented from a business point of view.
- Investigates and resolves complex problems including providing support for production systems in a timely manner.
- Proactively identifies problems and presents/develops complex solutions
- Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders and management.
- Serves as a technical expert and provides complex technical guidance to junior team members.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Serves as lead technical resource to ensure completion of development tasks.
- 4 Year/Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor s) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience (Minimum Required)
- 5-7+ years of experience in information systems environment
- Proven skills with IBM MVS, JCL, COBOL, DB2, CA-7 Scheduler, VSAM, NDM and Endevor source management system.
- Extensive knowledge of life insurance and experience with all components of the Vantage Life Administration platform including online CICS screens, batch cycle processing and DB2 database structures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users and system team members.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and change in a team environment.
- 5-7 Years experience in application development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
#LI-AE2 This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.#P4
Nearest Major Market: Hartford
Job Segment: Developer, Database, Oracle, Mainframe, Information Systems, Technology